ITP Replacement

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
I bought two ITP single mode aaa about two years ago. One I keep loose in my pocket every day for work. The other is always on my key ring. The one on my key ring just died. I guess two year EDC isn't bad? I love that little light. So after two years I looked around a little and the only light that seems to be as good is still the ITP single mode. I work with my hands and I can put that lil sucker in my mouth, its smaller than a cig butt. Its even brighter now at 96 lumens. And I just bought it for under $20 including the shipping. Can you beat how small and bright and cheap that light is?

saypat

Enlightened
Well, I was watching a video of 4Sevens with their founder tonight. I believe he said their AAA model, the Preon, puts out 160 lumen! But your 96 is plenty sufficient and a much better price probably. Others will confirm...

jackbombay

Newly Enlightened
I have the preon 2 and I quite like it, I can clip to the edge of my hat brim for hands free operation :) I have an iTP as well, it is almost as bright as the preon 2, but less run time...

TheStar

Newly Enlightened
My ITP A3 E0S also just died after about a year. Looking to replace it. It looks like the OLIGHT i3 LED Cree XP-G R5 LED is the replacement for it.
Is that correct or is there a different model.

Also, any suggestions on batteries? I read here on candlepowerforums that the rechargeable batteries give better performance than a standard energizer or duracell AAA battery.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Yes the Olight i3 is the replacement for the ITP A3 EOS (the A2 and A1 have also been replaced by the i2 and i1). I'm just waiting for the coloured i3s to be released before buying a few (but wish they had gone over to grippier knurling when they made the change).

Eneloops are the preferred AA and AAA battery for many here on CPF. For more info on batteries and chargers check out:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?9-Flashlight-Electronics-Batteries-Included

HKJ

Flashaholic
My ITP A3 E0S also just died after about a year. Looking to replace it. It looks like the OLIGHT i3 LED Cree XP-G R5 LED is the replacement for it.
Is that correct or is there a different model.

The i3 is supposed to be the replacement of the A3, but it is definitely not a direct replacement as you can see in my review.

TheStar

Newly Enlightened
The i3 is supposed to be the replacement of the A3, but it is definitely not a direct replacement as you can see in my review.

Thank you. What would you recommend as a replacement?

I liked the A3 but thought it was just a tad too big to carry around all the time and it broke after just 1 year of use. If the i3 is even longer I guess I should look at some other options. I would be willing to go up in price for something better.

illuminare

Newly Enlightened
I have some ITP A3 lights, really love the lil' buggers, but I recently invested in a Tiablo E3A with an unprotected AW 10440 and I am very happy so far, gets a little bit hot, but gives out a tremendous amount of light for such a small form factor, while being rechargeable as well.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the Olight i3 is the replacement for the ITP A3 EOS (the A2 and A1 have also been replaced by the i2 and i1). I'm just waiting for the coloured i3s to be released before buying a few (but wish they had gone over to grippier knurling when they made the change).

Eneloops are the preferred AA and AAA battery for many here on CPF. For more info on batteries and chargers check out:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?9-Flashlight-Electronics-Batteries-Included

thats exactly what im waiting for... i want a colored i3, Olight....
ive realized my E05 is too bright, lol. and i like the tighter thread tolerances of the i3 over the A3

if you want single mode, bright, with better quality, you can get a eiger QTC, or eiger level 8.
prices is more than double the itp though. but the great warranty makes up for it. as well as quality, and options.

Eye in Dark

Newly Enlightened
Olight just released the colored i3, red, purple, blue and gold. all color are lighter than iTP A3's and look like clean and fashion.

thats exactly what im waiting for... i want a colored i3, Olight....
ive realized my E05 is too bright, lol. and i like the tighter thread tolerances of the i3 over the A3

if you want single mode, bright, with better quality, you can get a eiger QTC, or eiger level 8.
prices is more than double the itp though. but the great warranty makes up for it. as well as quality, and options.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
what about a Lumintop Worm. it doesn't get much mention here, but check out selfbuilt's review. it looks pretty good.

i actually was going to buy the new alumnium versions of the worm, but none of our CPF dealers carry them, I emailed a couple of our dealers regarding them, and they said they wont be stocking them, and wont be dealing with lumintop anymore.
there isnt anymore details about it, but if our dealers dont want to do business with lumintop anymore, i guess i dont either.
only place ive found them is on fleabay, but i rather not deal with international shipping, as well as fleabay. hehe

robostudent5000

Enlightened
i actually was going to buy the new alumnium versions of the worm, but none of our CPF dealers carry them, I emailed a couple of our dealers regarding them, and they said they wont be stocking them, and wont be dealing with lumintop anymore.
there isnt anymore details about it, but if our dealers dont want to do business with lumintop anymore, i guess i dont either.
only place ive found them is on fleabay, but i rather not deal with international shipping, as well as fleabay. hehe

i thought i saw the stainless version on goinggear. that's too bad, it looked good in the review. i wonder what happened.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
many of our dealers still have the stainless steel version since its older, as well as whatever else they have in stock.

but they told me through email that they will no longer be re-stocking anymore lumintop products.

somewhere along the lines of "heading towards a different direction".

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
Well, to update, I didn't get my new ITP, single mode, 95 lumen light. The dealer refunded my money and said it was discontinued. I dont get it. Is the flashlight industry going backwards. 95 lumens, the size of my pinky, one AAA battery, for under twenty bucks, and there isn't a market for it? I thought the ITP was hugely popular. It seems to me that someone is missing the boat on alot of sales$$$$$$

IMO theres not enough AA or AAA single cell, single output lights with high lumens.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, to update, I didn't get my new ITP, single mode, 95 lumen light. The dealer refunded my money and said it was discontinued. I dont get it. Is the flashlight industry going backwards. 95 lumens, the size of my pinky, one AAA battery, for under twenty bucks, and there isn't a market for it? I thought the ITP was hugely popular. It seems to me that someone is missing the boat on alot of sales$$$$$$

IMO theres not enough AA or AAA single cell, single output lights with high lumens.

I have to say I agree with you ;)