Nitecore D11.2 Pocket Clip Impressions

el_duderino04

Newly Enlightened
Hey there,

I received a pocket clip for my D11.2 from lightjunction last week, and thought I'd share my impressions with the forum.

First, the clip itself appears to be very well made. It's titanium, and goes well with the overall look of the flashlight.

The actual shape of the clip needed some adjusting (when installed, the actual clip part was fairly loose on the body), so I bent it a little more with some pliers so it'd grip my pocket a little better.

Also, I had some difficulty with the screws. First, the hex key that was included was too small for the screws, which caused some stripping of the screw head. I would recommend that you try to find a properly sized hex screwdriver to avoid this (out of the 3 sets of hex drivers I had, only 1 had the properly sized driver. It appears that these are oddly-sized screws).

Another issue I had with the screws was that one of the screws came undone after wearing the flashlight for a few hours and was lost. I emailed lightjunction to get the screw size so I could buy another one on amazon, but they responded by sending me a new screw, gratis. That's pretty awesome customer service in my book.

Once I got the new screw, I re-installed the clip with some blue loctite on the screws. Thus far (after wearing the light for a couple days) the screws have remained in place. I'd recommend using loctite on the screws to make sure they stay in place.

Overall, this is a pretty good clip, and definitely adds to the light's usability for me.

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the post, I've been wondering for a while how the D11.2 clip is. It's disappointing to hear that you had the issues you did - the D10 clip is (in my opinion) one of the best AA clips ever made.

That said, any clip is better than no clip and I have no problem going through the steps you did to attach one to the light.

davecroft

Enlightened
Just my thoughts on this, but I reckon I will be getting a D11 myself soon (an early Christmas present?) Thing is, this light costs £50 in UK - relatively much more expensive than in the USA where prices seem to be lower and wages higher - shouldn't it really come with something as simple as a clip included in the price?

Just seems a bit mean, but I realise it is not just Nitecore who are guilty of charging more for a little bit of metal (ie. a clip). I'd rather have a clip than a free battery, maybe even more than a free holster.

zakmatthews

Newly Enlightened
My allen wrench was also too small for the screw, leading to a bit of stripping of the head. I think a correctly-fitting allen wrench and some loctite should be a winning combination.

LedTed

Enlightened
I have the correct micro-Allen wrench for the screws. So installing the clip was a snap. However, in order to square up the clip, when I backed the screws out, they popped off. On the positive side, the dealer sent me replacement hardware in just a few days.