Jetbeam RRT-2 XM-L (Photos and Beam profile)

theix

Newly Enlightened
Warning! Pics heavy :duh2:

Hi all! This is my second post for a photo review (1st one was BC40 here). I got my Jetbeam RRT-2 XM-L earlier this week and I like it a lot (apart from it's being a floody type :sssh:) so I'd like to share with you.

Click on the photo to view a larger one. :popcorn:

Jetbeam RRT-2 XM-L

Nice finish and engraving.

Tail cap spring contact.

Positive spring contact. (Flat-top AW 18650 2900mAh is ok :thumbsup:)

The Rapid Response Control Ring (Standby - Strobe - Low - Med - High)

Non-aggressive thick bezel retention ring.

OP reflector.

XM-L T6

Reflector comparing with BC40.

Size comparison. (Glock 19 mag, M1xm, BC40, RRT-2)

The U-shape tail cap. Tail stand is not recommended as it will fall down very easily.

Last pic before moving on to beam profile. :laughing:

Note : I modified contrast of some pics. The finish is actually gray.

Beam Profile
Flashlights are 1 foot away from the white wall.

8rrt2.jpg

8m1xm.jpg

zbc40.jpg

6p-r5.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.
:wave:

Last edited:

swan

Banned
Gday Theix, yes it does look floody with the op reflector but very nice. I have the rrt2 - r5 smooth reflector which does have rings when white wall hunting but excellent throw. The rrt2 series best feature is its superb build quality , so matched with 475 otf lumens and big xml spill -this is next on the list of must haves for me.Also just wondering how the bc40 goes against the M1X in terms of throw and if its the mce or xml as i have the bc 40 myself-martin.

theix

Newly Enlightened
Gday Theix, yes it does look floody with the op reflector but very nice. I have the rrt2 - r5 smooth reflector which does have rings when white wall hunting but excellent throw. The rrt2 series best feature is its superb build quality , so matched with 475 otf lumens and big xml spill -this is next on the list of must haves for me.Also just wondering how the bc40 goes against the M1X in terms of throw and if its the mce or xml as i have the bc 40 myself-martin.

The M1xm (XM-L) has tighter and brighter hotspot thus throw better. I own both BC40 and M1xm. The BC40 is practically more useful in general close-mid range purpose.

P.S. M1X has MC-E while M1xm has XM-L

Darkwall

Newly Enlightened
Nice job! :thumbsup:

Hate to ask since this is a RRT2 xml thread, but have not seen much info on M1xm version... could an outdoor shot with M1xm compared to the BC40 be possible? Or start another thread just for that, and link it from here?

Thanks

Last edited:

theix

Newly Enlightened
Nice job! :thumbsup:

Hate to ask since this is a RRT2 xml thread, but have not seen much info on M1xm version... could an outdoor shot with M1xm compared to the BC40 be possible? Or start another thread just for that, and link it from here?

Thanks

I will update outdoor beamshot tonight. :)