FL-04 LED Pocket Flashlight

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk about a coincidence!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I just ordered one of those, 2 hours ago (along with some uV LEDs).

Just couldn't pass up the $6.95 price.

I'll let youall know in a few days if I got stung. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

83Venture

Enlightened
Looks like they also have a Tika/Zipka clone for $14.95, wonder how good it is?

Severe

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered 2 of those for a total of $6.00 and 5.00 shipping. I will post the results when they arrive. Either I'll keep them or they'll become gifts. Severe

MrMom

Enlightened
The MT2AA Machined aluminum 5-LED has that cool look but their claims seem a bit far reached. 12,000mcd. per led driven at 3v. I would buy 6,000mcd per and driven at 4.5v. Hmmmm. What am I missing here?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FL-04 LED Pocket Light-Mini Review

[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:i've never heard of it 'til now..it looks nice.. but getting your hopes up is never smart..

[/ QUOTE ]

This 4 white LED pocket light came in the mail today. After loading 4-"N" cells (available at RadioShaft) into the light, switching it on caused a very nice projected focused spot on the wall, about 12" in dia.-from 4 feet away-seeming VERY bright because of the plastichrome reflector. The color of the beam itself is only faintly purplish, and the overall output is about equivalent to my Lightwave 2000-very nice for a measly $6.95. It does appear to be slightly overdriven at 192mA though.

It's a very nice pocket light at .62"thick x3.25"long x1.62"wide. I also found that the light works very well on only 3 batteries-causing only about a 25% drop in output, and only draws about 85mA running on just 3 cells---making the operating time on the batteries 3X as long! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Workmanship was good to very good, the case being a very smooth plastic that imitates aluminum.

-An excellent little pocket light that can run for many hours on one set of batteries, that really costs only a little more than the LEDs would cost by themselves.

The Cree UV LEDs that I ordered along with the light were excellent also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
Pity they didn't go with the smaller, less expensive, and easier to find 3 x AAA cells. I can't figure the reason for 4 N cells.

Being a big fan of the EternaLights, I always wished they made a 3 AAA version, with 4 white LEDs, just like the 'bigger ones'.

But the price seems cheap enough to give it try.

My 2 1/2 year old EternaLight Marine has again begun EDC, with the advent of cooler weather, and jacket pockets. And it's still on it's first set of lithium AA's. I still greatly prefer it to the dome light in my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gandalf said:
Being a big fan of the EternaLights, I always wished they made a 3 AAA version, with 4 white LEDs, just like the 'bigger ones'.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a great idea.
The only thing that would suffer is runtime, but it would still be more than sufficient.

Flashlike

Enlightened

Nice job on the "Mini Review"! I had to order two of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ChrisA

Enlightened

The MT2AA light is regulated. They were on ebay a few weeks ago ('Cynthia LED' if I remember correctly) and I did a bit of research on the i-net but couldn't come up with any infos regarding the manufacturer. You can find a picture of the packaging and the two available versions (black and silver) here: http://www.ogear.net/cynthia-led.htm

Chris

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Just got my FL-04 flashlight... I need some N cells though; don't know if I'll get them today or tomorrow...but I'll get them and then post the flashlight on my website.
Link posted here, of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I didn't expect to receive the flashlight so quickly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
Just got my FL-04 flashlight... I need some N cells though; don't know if I'll get them today or tomorrow...but I'll get them and then post the flashlight on my website.
I didn't expect to receive the flashlight so quickly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I shoulda suggested that anybody ordering that light also order the 4-pack of batts they also sell -for $1.99. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I just got back from Rat Shack - cost me $5.86 for 4 of those little buggers. But the light output of this light is really nice, so that kinda makes up for what I spent on the batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let's get out the ruler and the light meter and see what it says...BRB...

Ok, I got 50,400mcd on a Meterman LM631 light meter. That's pretty darn good for a little 4-banger like this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
vcal said:
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I shoulda suggested that anybody ordering that light also order the 4-pack of batts they also sell -for $1.99. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip on the $1.99 N-cells. That was enough to convince me to buy one. N cells are rather expensive, and hard to find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif