65w HID car adapter question

BuckSeeker23

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. After researching a new spotlight for deer, I've came down to 2 choices, the 65w HID torches from Ebay(or similar) and the Stanley HID spot light. I was wondering if anyone knows or has experience on whether the 65w HID lights you can buy from Ebay power off of the car adapter or if it only charges off the adapter. If it only charges off the adapter, am I correct to assume plugging it in while not fully depleting the battery will shorten the life of the battery.

If it powers off the car adapter, will it hurt the battery as far as premature charging goes?

From what I've read, the charging/power issue of the car adapter for the Stanley HID is not an issue. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
well.... 1st off, the only time you'll really run into a charging issue is with NiMH & NiCads, the SLA's that MOST spotlights have won't have an issue with you charging them while only partly depleted.
2nd, most spotlights will charge & power off the cig lighter / ext auto connections, which imo is a nice feature. u can use the light & have a charging batt @ the same time so if portability is needed, it's avail.
3rd, the stanley has worked well in every power fashion i've put it thru thus far, i would definitely recommend that light for it's cost and reliability, @least in my exp.