Just pulled the Trigger!

magnum70383

Enlightened
Just ordered the Fenix TK70 with Tenergy Premium D and a Maha 808 Charger! I can't believe I'm spending so much money on flashlights!!! (I know it's nothing compared to what most of you have spent...) I guess I'm not that bad. I only have Fenix lights cuz they are cheaper than the rest - E01, LD15, L2DCE, TK40 and now going to have TK70! I've noticed a trend. I seem to buy new lights once every 2 years - it's just the lights I'm getting are more and more expensive! Anyway, just sharing how excited I am and I can't wait for it to arrive! :)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the TK70 is on my short list. I just can't justify a need for it yet as the TK41/60 are more than enough light for my needs, and spending upwards of $200 for a show off light isn't something I can come to terms with yet. Maybe next year...

magnum70383

Enlightened
Ya i know what you mean. Even my TK40 is bright enough... I just.... can't picture how bright the TK70 will be.... O.O

magnum70383

Enlightened
Congrats on the TK70! :) Wont it be cumbersome with those D Cells?

I hope it'll be ok! I'll be using the TK70 mostly for camping. It'll be frigging AMAZING! The TK40 is bright enough for camping already so.. Omg I can't wait till the TK70 TO COME!

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
Way to go....I wish I could save the money to buy that but for $200 I can get several lights.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll find the TK70 good for camping. Yes, it's heavy and it won't fit in your pocket, but the low is very useful for navigating around a campsite and the other levels are.... stunning! It will run a very long time on low powered by 4 nimh batteries. Good purchase! I bought a trumpet case on ebay to store mine in. There is even a side pocket for spare batteries.

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
Just been away for a few days with my Mother and my best pal down at the coast. I rigged the '70 up and we went walking the dog on the beach at night (as black as it gets) and i fired it up. They were pretty taken aback by the lower settings as they did not realise it had more than one level. When i gave it full beans it is just a ridiculous amount of light that it puts out. I could not get it back after by buddy wanted a go with it. Don't worry, as soon as you fire it up all your doubts will vanish. I have the TK60 also and that is a badboy in its own right, the TK70 is this years performance light bargain for sure.

magnum70383

Enlightened
Just been away for a few days with my Mother and my best pal down at the coast. I rigged the '70 up and we went walking the dog on the beach at night (as black as it gets) and i fired it up. They were pretty taken aback by the lower settings as they did not realise it had more than one level. When i gave it full beans it is just a ridiculous amount of light that it puts out. I could not get it back after by buddy wanted a go with it. Don't worry, as soon as you fire it up all your doubts will vanish. I have the TK60 also and that is a badboy in its own right, the TK70 is this years performance light bargain for sure.

i cant wait!!! looks like your buddy there will have to get one himself! ha!

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Good job.

I have the same setup except I picked up the Accupower LSD batts.

I went trick o' treating with the kids and it's amazing how many people do not pack a flashlight. I use mine to illuminate the dark stairs and front porches so the kids will be safe and not trip on their faces. Don't need that. Also, walking across the street it gets the attention of some idiots who are screaming home on Halloween night while there are lots of kids around.

The looks I would get from some people with my tk70 is hilarious.

"I should have brought a flashlight ... did you see that guys light? It's friggin' huge!"

magnum70383

Enlightened
My TK70 came in the mail today! Unfortunately my D cells aren't coming until next week. This is going be a crazy crazy wait... argh... And the light is MUCH bigger than what I thought it'll be. It's HUUUUGGGGGGGEE. The F in the FENIX TK70 is a little scratched out! ARGH.... Doesn't justify returning it huh?

Last edited: