fenix gotta love em

jasmul

Newly Enlightened
i know im very very new at the flashlight game but i am slowly becoming a fenix purist. i love the high quality of the lights they make, the output of light. i think my ld10 is a small god that runs on AA batteries. dose anyone else feel this way or am i wrong?????

is there a better company or just a better flashlight all together???

CMAG

Enlightened
IMO Fenix is a good light and reasonable price (I have the TK41 and E15)
Better there is always better that is what gets us in trouble but a few would be Surefire,HDS,Haiku,Malkoff

Last edited:

Ajax517

Newly Enlightened
I would put Fenix in the upper echelon of Chinese-made lights. They have good designs, quality builds, good prices.

davecroft

Enlightened
I have more Fenix than any other brand. LD01, E11, E05, LD15, LD10 and E01. As a 'beginner' flashaholic they have a lot of lights that appeal to me and in the right price range. At the moment I just can't bring myself to spend more than $80 on a flashlight!

Unlike some brands they never disappoint me when I open the box and try them out, the threads are good, anodising first rate.

The only issue I've had was with an E11 and Fenix are putting that right at no cost to me.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience with Fenix quality has been middling, I've had a few problems with Fenix switches. But I'm willing to believe my experience is atypical, given how many folks here feel Fenix quality is top notch. The main reason I don't buy Fenix's anymore is because I feel click-click-click through each level individually is an abomination, the hallmark of a UI designer who isn't even trying. Okay, I know Fenix has other UIs too, and not all of them are serial click-throughs; and I also realize that just because a UI doesn't work for me, doesn't mean it's not perfect for you. in any case, nothing is quite competitive enough with (say) the v10r's ring that I feel like going back to Fenix at this point.

Which, I guess, is a long way of saying, now that you've discovered Fenix, you should experiment a bit with other high-quality makers with different UI approaches.

Last edited:

jasmul

Newly Enlightened
I have nothing against surefire. Ive never owned one a buddy of mine has one and loves it. I was just looking at reviews of some of there flashlight on amazon. There was very mixed views. Some said they love them but one review caught my eye it said that surefire was once a great company but now they have become old and other companies are better and surefire was overrated. Just wanted to hear your views and if I should trust amazons reviewers.

JacobJones

Enlightened
@jasmul let's not turn this into a SF vs Fenix thread, you could use that search box at the top left of the page to find the previous threads about this. All I'll say is that Surefire and Fenix are both excellent for different reasons.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
@jasmul let's not turn this into a SF vs Fenix thread, you could use that search box at the top left of the page to find the previous threads about this. All I'll say is that Surefire and Fenix are both excellent for different reasons.

+1 JacobJones. Let's not get this thread shut down (and I'm a SureFire fan).

I only own 1 Fenix, but I agree with Ajax517 that they are the upper tier of Chinese lights. If I were to delve into Chinese lights, Fenix would be my first choice for many reasons.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
I've been very pleased with my Fenix lights. My TK41 has been fantastic!

I love the HP11. Great headlamp overall.

I want an Ld40 upgraded with an XM-L.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
I'm relatively new to this new addiction and I've got the TK35 of which is my first serious hi power flashlight. I think for the money, it's well made and works great! It looks like the TK21 is next. I will have other Fenix lights when money permits. Sunwayman is another fine affordable light that I really like.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenixes are good, so with 4Sevens, Olights, Jetbeams, Sunwayman's, Lumintops, Nitecore, Thrunite, Zebralight.

But for top four, these would be Fenix, 4Sevens, Jetbeams and Sunwayman's. For me at least. :)

With so many brands to choose from, quality is the game now, and at a good price.

At least we consumers win. :)

Amen!

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a bunch of Fenix lights and I love 'em. They just do what they're supposed to do, and there's nothing I like better than a product that works, and continues to work even after a fair bit of abuse.

Me2sleepy

Newly Enlightened
I am very fond of the Fenix brand ever since I found out about them a few years ago.

Got a PD20 (r2) and I loved it as a EDC.

PS. How come I don't see any topics on this light? I didn't even see it in the reviews section. Out dated?

LostHighway

Newly Enlightened
I like the Fenix lights I own, a PD30 R4 and a LD01, but there is no shortage of good flashlight manufacturers out there these days. I'm thinking fairly seriously about buying a Fenix TK35 but I'm also jonesin' for lights from 4Sevens and Spark. I also need to start thinking about replacing our, now antiquated, bicycle lights from Turbo Cat and Nite Rider and Fenix doesn't even make lights in that category.

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned
Fenix is the most popular brand in the hightec flashlights business (MagLite isnt hightec, sorry) and i appreciate that the company is long in business (Jetbeam's even older i think); that too is a reason why so many people possess Fenix lights. At that time (~2006) there werent as many hightec competitors as today when every month a new brand is listed with the dealers' homepages. Fenix as a brand is definitely to be called a classic.

So far i own Fenix the (red) Filter Adapter, the Diffuser Lens (crappy stuff haha), the white Diffuser Tip for LD/PD series (high qual), the red Traffic Wand (high qual), the white Diffuser tip AD102-W for TK/TA series (fits well on my EagleTac), and the transparent Diffuser Cap for LD/PD series, some Fenix pocket clip, ...

nice accessories which conveniently fit products by other brands (Xeno E03, EagleTac, ..)

jasmul

Newly Enlightened

im sorry noob mistake i should have made that another thread

burntoshine

Enlightened
i was going to say that a fenix was my first LED flashlight, but it might have been a 2AA maglite. it was my disappointment in the maglite solitaire that led me to ebay where i found the fenix E1. i soon started buying other fenix lights: P1D, L1D, L0D, P3D, TK40, TK20, LD40. however, i haven't bought a fenix in a while...

there are other brands that i think are just as good. different brands have different things about their lights that make them unique and it's fun finding what you like best. i went through a period of buying lights, buying more lights, and selling lights, or giving them away to friends / family. i love the CPF marketplace for this reason. i feel like i've settled upon a nice moderate collection of lights that i really like.

i would recommend checking out these brands:
liteflux (if you can find any)
zebralight
4sevens
jetbeam

...some of my favorites.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix makes some decent lights. Keep your mind open though. There are a lot of nice lights out there. You would be missing some really nice lights if you only stuck with fenix.

sawlight

Enlightened
Been carrying an EO1 in my pocket for years now, love it other than the purple beam, but I can't find anything better, so it stays on my key ring!
I gave my nephew an EO5 last Christmas, he's a Ranger and hasn't spoken badly of it yet, that says a lot to me!
I have an E21 in my BOB, wish I could have found a warm one, but it does what it's supposed to and I have no complaints.