How far can a Streamlight Polytac hp throw?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
While out of state, I visited an old friend who is a fireman. He had a Polytac HP (the larger reflector version of the polytac) issued to him laying around. I shined it in his fenced yard and it easily shined the fence (about 500 feet away). I didnt play with it much since we started talking about other things.

Now I'm thinking of buying one. Can anyone tell me how far these things can throw or their opinions on them. It seems I can get one for $39 at a local retailer.

Last edited:

YAK-28

Enlightened
the house ant the end of our street is about 1200', i check tonight and see if goes that far. i keep one in the minivan, it seems like a good light to me. how far were you needing it go?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
the house ant the end of our street is about 1200', i check tonight and see if goes that far. i keep one in the minivan, it seems like a good light to me. how far were you needing it go?

I don't need it to go 1200 feet but would love to know if it could :)

Thanks for your help in advance!

scout24

Flashaholic
A very legitimate question, and I'm in no way having fun at the OP's expense... If you have a sense of humor, these questions always remind me of one of the funniest threads I've ever seen here from five years ago. Search "So, how far can you throw a Fenix P1D CE?" Hope you enjoy... :D

YAK-28

Enlightened
the polytac hp did light up the front of the house at 1287' ( from google earth). i could see it shine on the house and windows, as well as light up the street signs (maybe 60' closer). if someone was walking there, i may have been able to see them(probably better with younger eyes). if that helps at all.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on, I was actually hoping you would have wrote how far can you throw a polytac stinger? Thatd be a funny title,
My response would have been no were near as far as the beam throws :naughty:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
the polytac hp did light up the front of the house at 1287' ( from google earth). i could see it shine on the house and windows, as well as light up the street signs (maybe 60' closer). if someone was walking there, i may have been able to see them(probably better with younger eyes). if that helps at all.

Awesome! Im surprised this budget thrower isnt really mentioned on CPF

Thanks again

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, can these be focused from spot to flood?

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to their web site the PolyTac LED HP cannot be focused, only the incan version.