Having problems with my TN11. Any ideas?

ginger1302

Newly Enlightened
I just got my shiny new tn11 shipped to Japan where Im stationed. I started off putting an 18650 in it went to turn it on and nothing. I tightened the head and the light just dimly flashes. I thought maybe the battery was almost dead so got another and same thing. Started to think that maybe my charger wasnt charging the batteries so bought 123s and put those in with the same effect. I took the tailcap off along with the head and made sure everything is clean. Also made sure that the switch in the tailcap was tight. Not sure what else to do. Tried customer support and they said I should read the instuctions carefully and that it sounded like I wasnt operating the light properly. Im hoping that there is just something that Im doing wrong cause it will suck to have to send it back so they can mail me another since that will take about a month all together. Does anyone know of anything else I can do?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a defective light, might have to send that back for warranty claim.

ginger1302

Newly Enlightened
I guess I will see what they say when they email me back monday. I wanted it cause Im going to Germany on Friday to spend some time with my GF there and will end up walking around a bit at night. Started trying to get a new light about a month and a half ago but the Scorpion V2 were all out of stock so three refunds later ordered this one. Its ok though. Gf is getting one shipped to her house from a dealer somewhere in Europe. I think she is just happy she will have something to give me for christmas that she knows I will like. I guess 2 tn11s are better than one right?

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the inside of the tailcap, there might be a silver ring with 2 indentations. If there is, try tightening that down with a pair of needlenose pliers or something similar.

ginger1302

Newly Enlightened
Ok so figured it out. I took the head apart and screwed the led out. The part that connects the light to get power from the head when it is not tight had something around pretty much the whole thing so that it was not able to get power thru there. I guess when the head was tight thats why it would just flash. Once I had it cleaned I put it back in and connected it to the tube. Light was on just by screwing it in a couple threads. Working just fine now. Just a lot of trouble for a light that is brand new but oh well. At least it is working. Im just going to not tell the gf. She already has another one on the way to her house. Not sure what that was but it is all cleaned up now.