Got my NEW ARC AA's First's waiting at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cones

Enlightened
Got my NEW ARC AA\'s First\'s waiting at home

Just got a call from home.
The FedEx truck has just delivered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Should have 2 new AA's 1 LSH P, 2 pouches and a CPF AAA.
This was sent from ARC in the USA on Friday 10th at 2:45pm
and gets delivered on the 13th at 9:20am in the UK.
Thats fast service, and has restored my faith in FedEx slightly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just got 6 Hours at work before I get to go home and see them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will do a review on them later.
Mark

zorba

Enlightened
Re: Got my NEW ARC AA\'s First\'s waiting at home

Are you trying to make us jealous or something, because it works...
I have my order placed with arc but still no departure date for my AAs

E

EchoSierraTwo

Very nice Cones, you should enjoy them.

mindcrime

Newly Enlightened

I would take the rest of the day off and hurry home NOW!!

Steve Andrews

Enlightened

Mark,
Were they from Meridian Tactical? How much does shipping to the UK cost?

Cones

Enlightened

Steve, They were from ARC direct and postage was on offer at $15. Thats why I added other things to my order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do use Meridian a lot though as well for my other lights.
Shipping from them is usually by USPS (United States Postal Service) and is reasonable. Send Chris an email and get a quote.

Just opened my parcel. The new ARC AA's are fantastic. Will spend some time taking pics and hopefully post a review in the next few hours.

Mark

Cones

Enlightened

I have taken some pictures now. They are on my website under the torch review section. This is not a full review yet as I still need to use the light for a bit. There are lot of pictures though along with the CPF AAA for a size reference.

Don't all get too excited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

First impressions are that this is a fanstastically well made light. The beam pattern is better than the AAA (Smoother round the edges) possibly due to the larger size. Also seems slightly brighter, though it is not as blue as the CPF AAA. Feels great in the hand due to greater weight and larger diameter.

Mark

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jeers for FedEx! The package has been placed on the truck. But apparently it's not being delivered today because it was sent two-day and only one business day has elapsed.

Here's what FedEx says:

Oct 13, 2003
7:48 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery BELTSVILLE MD
11:24 am Package status BELTSVILLE MD Package not due for delivery

I suppose that means when the truck comes to my street, the driver sees that my package is not due yet. So he drives on past. Hmmmpft!

Paul

ksbman

Flashaholic*

Mine was on the truck too.......and back it went to FedEx.

Every time I use Yahoo checkout my apartment number gets left off the address and this happens.

I've edited my address several times in my Yahoo account but this continues to happen.

It's like getting my presents the day after Christmas.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

ksbman,

I really hate that yahoo checkout thing. Whenever I order something that uses it, I first sign off of Yahoo. Then it all goes well.

The PayPal checkout thing is a thing of beauty though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

ksbman

Flashaholic*

I'll give that a try, Paul.

I didn't realize using Yahoo checkout was my choice. I thought the seller/retailer had made that decision for me.

My ARC AA's arrived today. The beams and color look just like my AAA's. I don't have an Ultra or any other single AA light so I was surprised how big they are. Definitely not key ring lights, as far as I'm concerned.

For me the single AA is an odd size that I really have no use for. I'm going to buy a dozen AAA's for gifts at Christmas but I probably won't but any more AA's.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

The Fed Ex tracking said delivery today, so, of course, I had to run home at lunch just to check. And there, on the front door mat, was the envelope. What a beauty this little jewel is! The finish is absolutely perfect, as is the beam. It's slightly brighter and whiter than my standard AAA. Now I wish I'd gotten a Second for actual use. This one seems almost too nice to bang around. If this is typical of other Arc "Premiums" I'll definitely spring for them in future purchases. Thanks again, Peter.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got my Second and I think it is almost as bright as my CPF AAA. As I thought ARC's Seconds are better than most First's from others. Very happy with the Second. Hopefully there will be some more first's available sometime soon.

Thanks for another great Light

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a First and a Second today. I am not sure which is which. They are both brighter than all of my Arc-AAA's

Status
Not open for further replies.