Xeno: V03. 1AA = Fail!!! just got it in the mail yesterday and today it broke.

jjmseattle

Newly Enlightened
:confused::confused: i was turning it on playing with it a couple time yesterday and today it broke? it wouldn't click all of a sudden i double checked the battery replace it even from 14500 back to a fresh lithium battery and still didn't work. then i tryed tightening and losening. still nothing then i remembered that there was a extra space switch i swapped that out and still just flat out didn't work. "Thats the last time i ever buy a cheap chinese made light ever again. very dissapointed. 1 and a half of use. i really liked it too. oh well trial and error i guess.

Toobuzz

Newly Enlightened
The switch is the weak link on the E03. That is why they give you a spare. Have you installed the the spare switch?

jamie.91

Enlightened
I have JUST received mine and this thread is something i did not want to read lol, good luck with fixing yours and good luck to me with mine haha

glendayle

Newly Enlightened
DON'T TELL ME THIS!!!! LOL

I received mine last Friday and I've been rocking it since. Mine has worked great so far. I do like it. I tried putting in a 14500 battery, but I ended up with 3 "high" settings(is this normal) instead of the medium/low/high so I've gone back to the AA. I only picked this up as kind of an intro flashlight. I knew it's not exactly what I wanted, but it was cheap. I'm glad I did because now I'm realizing what I like/don't like for my next one. Considering a Jetbeam RRT-0.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
DON'T TELL ME THIS!!!! LOL

I received mine last Friday and I've been rocking it since. Mine has worked great so far. I do like it. I tried putting in a 14500 battery, but I ended up with 3 "high" settings(is this normal) instead of the medium/low/high so I've gone back to the AA. I only picked this up as kind of an intro flashlight. I knew it's not exactly what I wanted, but it was cheap. I'm glad I did because now I'm realizing what I like/don't like for my next one. Considering a Jetbeam RRT-0.

All of my E03s(I have four of them) have medium, low and high also with 14500, but the low is close to high value with alkaline, and the high is just ~50% brighter than medium. Consequently the percentual differences between the modes are much less with 14500 than with AA.
I know the differences because I measured with lightmeter. Using the eye perception only, it may be difficult to notice the difference between med and high, so it's possible you didn't notice it. You should perceive the low as significantly dimmer, however.

Regards, Patric

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
:confused::confused: i was turning it on playing with it a couple time yesterday and today it broke? it wouldn't click all of a sudden i double checked the battery replace it even from 14500 back to a fresh lithium battery and still didn't work. then i tryed tightening and losening. still nothing then i remembered that there was a extra space switch i swapped that out and still just flat out didn't work. "Thats the last time i ever buy a cheap chinese made light ever again. very dissapointed. 1 and a half of use. i really liked it too. oh well trial and error i guess.

Try taking the light apart and giving it a cleaning. Mine had a bunch of muck in the threads of the pill which was definitely causing connectivity issues. See this thread.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one for my nephew, I put in EA91... and it worked for 1 second, until I decided to change modes. Then it died.
I broke it down as far as I could, cleaned threads, etc. to no avail.
I remembered that I had a crAA TI 14505, and I tried that, and that worked! Worked fine, and then re-tried the EA91, and then it worked just fine.

Weird.

Toobuzz

Newly Enlightened
My E03v3 Neutral is great on both Eneloop and 14500. I put an LD20 pocket clip on it, and with the 14500 it's my new EDC. It bumped the ZL SC51w as my primary EDC. My two most recent purchases of ~ $100 (Thrunite TN11 and ZL SC600w) have had to go back for manufacturer defects. It was nice to have the E03 work great out of the box for $30.

glendayle

Newly Enlightened
All of my E03s(I have four of them) have medium, low and high also with 14500, but the low is close to high value with alkaline, and the high is just ~50% brighter than medium. Consequently the percentual differences between the modes are much less with 14500 than with AA.
I know the differences because I measured with lightmeter. Using the eye perception only, it may be difficult to notice the difference between med and high, so it's possible you didn't notice it. You should perceive the low as significantly dimmer, however.

Regards, Patric

I'll have to take a closer look again with the 14500. Even still though, the low is not anywhere near as low as I would like even with the AA. Still a great little light though. I like it. Looking for a different EDC, but this is a nice little light to start my collection off with. Hopefully I don't have any build quality issues.