Fenix serial numbers

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
Is there a breakdown anywhere of what they mean? The best the website could do is tell me what light I have. Is there a way to determine date of manufacture?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
i doubt they'd post that. but hey, with the serial, you can check if the light was really meant to be distributed where you are.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
i doubt they'd post that. but hey, with the serial, you can check if the light was really meant to be distributed where you are.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a breakdown anywhere of what they mean? The best the website could do is tell me what light I have. Is there a way to determine date of manufacture?

Just be happy if your light comes up that is real and not a fake.Why should they spend time and money telling you the date of birth,presume you would like to know the actual assemblers name and what he had for dinner.

tam17

Enlightened
Some of Fenix lights have manufacture date printed on the visible side of their circuit boards. I'm not sure if there's a way to tell that from a S/N. The most info you can (legally) get is from their S/N inquiry web page.

Cheers,

Tam

Last edited:

davecroft

Enlightened
Some of Fenix lights have manufacture date printed on the visible side of their circuit boards. I'm not sure if there's a way to tell that from a S/N. The most info you can (legally) get is from their S/N inquiry web page.

Cheers,

Tam

I thought that too. Until I realised that the 'date' printed on the circuit board of my E05 - 20100724 - (ie. 24 July 2010) appears to be the same on every other E05!

tam17

Enlightened
I thought that too. Until I realised that the 'date' printed on the circuit board of my E05 - 20100724 - (ie. 24 July 2010) appears to be the same on every other E05!

Hehe, we were duped then:ohgeez:

However, I did a quick comparison of the serials on all my Fenixes (1xAAA and 1xAA), and I'm absolutely clueless about their structure. All the lights were bought at the same B&M store (authorized distributor for my country), but there isn't even a hint of the country/market area code inside the S/N!

Cheerz

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast

Only way to know is ask Fenix direct.The date on the board may mean several things for instance could be the date they ordered the board if it was bought in from outside.Guessing is never a way forward but asking is.

The s/n may *mean plenty to Fenix but also could be computer churned out numbers,unless we ask direct we only guess again.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
was trying to check my number but the webpage doesnt return a result as usual *after* hitting the Submit-button. (webpage error?)

please could anyone confirm this (hopefully temporary) observation?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
was trying to check my number but the webpage doesnt return a result as usual *after* hitting the Submit-button. (webpage error?)

please could anyone confirm this (hopefully temporary) observation?

Just tried the code on my E15 and got the error as well.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for checking!
so it's a temporary problem then.
no problem then, i can be patient about it.

i wanted to print out the page!!

Dubois

Enlightened
It's working now. Well, I just checked my LD20 and found it was sourced from Germany, which is where I bought it.