Staring into a flashlight record breaking. Amazing video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedsix

Enlightened
http://recordsetter.com/world-record/stare-flashlight/10802

This guy is amazing. I can never get past 20 seconds or so. I am getting slightly better with practice but I think I will have tostep it up to beat the record. It does some permeant damage to your eyes but once that damage is done you can increase your times. When I first started I was having to close my eyes almost immediately.

It just goes to show you, if you work hard and practice, you can accomplish anything!

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 6 volt incandescent lantern produces approximately 40 lumens, if I remember correctly.

Anything above 600 lumens... Let's just say that, at close range, it doesn't even matter if your eyelids are closed. All you see is a wall of yellow, and the eyes still hurt.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Well ............. here's your Sign ... :stupid: ...... you earned it !

http://recordsetter.com/world-record/stare-flashlight/10802

This guy is amazing. I can never get past 20 seconds or so. I am getting slightly better with practice but I think I will have tostep it up to beat the record. It does some permeant damage to your eyes but once that damage is done you can increase your times. When I first started I was having to close my eyes almost immediately.

It just goes to show you, if you work hard and practice, you can accomplish anything!

john doe

Newly Enlightened
boy ,this is right up there with "longest holding my hand over fire "

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
boy ,this is right up there with "longest holding my hand over fire "

Exactly what I was going to say.

There is also the fact that the beam is pointed at his nose, so it is the spill light falling into his eyes which would be far less bright.

Hang on I've just had a great idea.....why don't I bang my head against a brick wall as many times as possible, it stops hurting after a while. Wait! I can video myself doing this and people will think I'm cool.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't other than consider such kind of record attempts as stupidness! It can't be good for the eyes.

Last edited:

GaAslamp

Enlightened
Oh yeah? I just stared into the burning light of this guy's intelligence for 75 seconds, so there! :nana::rolleyes:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Their next record breaking attempt will be ...... staring at welding torches .

~

( I hope the OP by "speedsix" was his attempt at being sarcastic of the video )
( but I still wonder WHY he even bothered to post such a thing )

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Reminds me of a Saturday Night Live skit from about 30 years ago about a "Blind Cab Driver." Said he became blind when he stared into a big searchlight for about 30 seconds. He didn't let it interfere with his job though, he just let his passengers give him driving directions from the back seat.

While the skit was hilarious, I don't think we need to say "Don't try this at home kids!" There are a lot of videos out there that are a testimony to stupidity.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it any wonder why I think Darwin is a slacker?

As I get (even) older I find myself sadly wondering "Isn't it better for the rest of the planet if I don't stop them from doing that?"

DM51

Flashaholic
The astonishing stupidity and irresponsibility depicted, apparently also advocated by the OP, is unsuitable as a topic for this board.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.