ThruNight Neutron C 30seconds on turbo

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
My ThruNight Neutron C arrived from BattJunct. Ive been looking forward to giving my Xeno E03 some competition. (good service from Batt Junct and a good price with free shipping)
My first observations: some batterystation rcr123s dont fit. an old AW cr123 does fit as does one of my BattStation cells.
it puts out more light than the Xeno on a 14500 (NICE!):party:
The issue I am facing is when the light is on turbo on rcr123 it runs for 30 seconds then shuts off.:confused: it doesnt really feel that hot.
Is this a "safety" feature? or is it going back to those good folks in CT.

Racer

Enlightened
I think it's probably the battery. Are you using protected cells? All of my cheap grey ultrafires do that in all my pocket rocket lights like the neutron 1c and iTP sc1. They all go 30 seconds to 1 minute before the protection clicks in. Same with the cheap 18650's with the more powerful XM-L lights I have.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
An old AW cr123 does fit, as does one of my BattStation cells.
The issue I am facing is when the light is on turbo on rcr123 it runs for 30 seconds then shuts off.

Can you measure the voltage of the cell you are using.
This graph shows the expected performance of an RCR123.
You could post your problem in the Thunite Neutron 1C review thread.

I just got an Olight i1 based on this graph.
The Thrunite Neutron 1C is still on my short list though.

WK21-MaxRCR.gif

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's probably the battery. Are you using protected cells? All of my cheap grey ultrafires do that in all my pocket rocket lights like the neutron 1c and iTP sc1. They all go 30 seconds to 1 minute before the protection clicks in. Same with the cheap 18650's with the more powerful XM-L lights I have.
thanks yes i am using protected cells battery station and AW. does this mean the Neutron is suited for primaries or unprotected rcrs?

Racer

Enlightened
I use the cheap trustfire flame protected 16340s. They work great in all my lights and I don't have the same problem that I do with the ultrafires tripping the protection circuit with the lights on turbo.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks i think im gonna send it back fortunately battjunct has great service

Racer

Enlightened
Better safe than sorry I guess.

I just tested mine for 5 minutes on turbo with a battery that's seen about 2 week's worth of decent use. Not bad for a $2.50 battery. And the light was barely warm.