What can I use in my L2 solarforce host for a bit of fun?

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
I've just taken receipt of a new thrunite T30 to replace my old L2. I'm more than happy with the build quality and amount of light it produces. It will easily take 2 rcr123s and the UI is simple to use. The throw is claimed to be 200m with the set up I'm using but I can't help feeling a little underwhelmed at the throw, so my question is this: what can I use in my old L2 for the throw wow factor. I don't want to use an asphyrical lense as I don't want it to be 'lazer like'.
Cheers

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
There is the simple drop-ins from Solarforce, for around $20-$25, Thrunite, Nailbender, Vinhnguyen, VanIslDSM or roll your own. Check out lighthound dot com and sbflashlight dot com for ideas or search out the names above in CPF and you can't go wrong. There are many more these are just off the top of my head. The selection is going to drive you nuts! Good luck.

g.p.

Enlightened
The Masterpiece Pro-1 will blow you away if throw is what you are after...don't let the low lumen number deter you. It is "lazer like" with almost no spill though, and that's something you said that you don't want.

If you just want a bright and cheap drop-in, then this is the best that I have found for the money. It's cheap, super bright, throws OK with the smooth reflector, and all three of mine have gorgeous beams. It's not a super thrower though, and doesn't come close to touching the Masterpiece Pro 1. It's approx equally to my TK35 in beam profile and throw. Not bad for 1 18650 though, and it fits in your pocket still. http://www.manafont.com/product_inf...3mode-memory-led-dropin-module-42v-max-p-5178

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinhnguyen makes a good module cheap. You can get a direct drive XML module for less than $50.00. Close to a thousand lumens and decent throw for a P60.

g.p.

Enlightened
The one that I linked has similar specs for less than $20.