Original surefire executive defender led...

hellraiser

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys.... I have one of the original led ex. Defenders that puts out about 120 lumens on high mode. It was always my favorite until recently it started to be out done by my g2 with XML.

Question is how do i upgrade it? I can't see a point where I can access the bulb. Do I need a whole head?

Thank you as always!!!

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your easiest option is to buy an LED replacement head. Check out the KX2C.

If you want to do some research here, you might find someone who can upgrade your existing head, but it will probably cost as much as purchasing a used KX2C on the Marketplace.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
One of the options I am considering is the TLS Cree Q5 head, it can be had with a raptor claw like bezel or plan bezel.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Is this the 6P Defender or the E2 Defender?
Neither. The 6PD and E2D are both incandescent lights.

The OP wants to upgrade his 'original' E2DL.
(the E2DL has since had a lumen increase to 200 lumens, but the E2DL bezel is not sold separately)

Note that using model numbers rather than model names really helps avoid all this confusion!

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
If you are not looking for it to throw the same, you could always buy a VME head and a Malkoff M61... they are on sale right now at the Malkoff site, so the whole shebang would probably run around $100 with shipping. The M61 is a great beam, much more floody than the E2DL, but still has some reach.