New guy..Damaged my new #/%$* SR91 Flashlight!!

BLKZ06

Newly Enlightened
Sorry this "issue" happens to be my first post-

I bought a new Olight SR91 flashlight last week. Put it on the table to charge the battery pack, and my wifes new puppy runs by and yanks the cord and the battery case off the table onto our limestone floor.

Thankfully, the lens/head part was NOT attached.

No damage to the handle itself, but the rear tailpiece (where the battery indicator is) got dinged up pretty bad.

Yeah, I know..its going to get damaged at some point..but I'm just so darn picky about my stuff that it is BUGGING ME to death.

Does anyone know if I can just purchase that tailpiece seperately, or will I need to drop a hundred bucks on a spare battery??

On a positive note..wow, what a flashlight. Absolutely love it!

Thanks so much!

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! Sorry to hear that happen... Naughty puppy! I cannot help personally but it would be best to contact the manufacturer.... But as this is such a large knowledgeable board some one should know, and be able to help.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you can REALLY enjoy it. Dents and scratches give flashlights character.

This is my work EDC. Small, bright enough, and elegant-looking in the full copper. I lost it at work one day, and it turned up a week later in the floor manager's office (yay). That same day I dropped it in the parking lot getting my car keys out!

6831492059_919562689e.jpg

6831488627_883c13d938.jpg

I still use it, but now it shows that it can take a beating and still work :)

S1LVA

Enlightened
You're lucky it didn't crush your puppy!

I would take a picture and send it to the manufacturer.

S1LVA

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL - Its a flashlight. If light still comes out the other end, just enjoy it.

:D

You can test it electrically if you worry it sustained internal damage, otherwise, you'll make yourself nutz. Anything that you'll USE will eventually get "puppied"/

:D

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a "show us your used up light" or something like that thread lying around.... you just HAVE to put a picture in there and also a size comparison pic of your light and your puppy. I know it feels bad to have damage to a brand new light, but I just have this mental picture of a light bigger than the puppy (if that's the case) receiving substantial damage as something that is ironic...

Word of experience: the first ding hurts as hell. The second one is a bummer. The following ones almost start to be funny at some point... almost...

BLKZ06

Newly Enlightened
LOL! good points so far everyone...Actually, it is a GREAT idea to post a pic of the SR91 with the pup, as he is a new Chihuahua..he is dwarfed by the light.

Who would have thunk a little ball of nothing could almost take my Olight out of commission?

In all seriousness..I may try to contact the manufacturer and see if they will let me buy the tailpiece.

:devil:

Thekapow

Newly Enlightened
i know exactly how you guys feel, i did not talk to my girlfried for 30-45 mins after she dropped my "newer" olight from her bicycle (she tried to avoid getting a ticket for driving bike without lights on).. but now i just love it, and i now know that it can take a drop from a fast moving bicycle onto asfalth without problems..

storys about dropped flashlights aside, olight has a very good customer service im sure you can arrange a replacement for a small amount of $

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the dings and scratches, give them character. Only hurt me if the ding is followed by a click and nothing happens.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy BLKZ06, and welcome to CPF,
Hey, I'm the same way about my stuff. I have some gear that still has the original factory protective covers on it, so I can sympathize with how much that hurts..... new light, charging the battery, and it gets bashed.... arghhhh.

Oh well, stuff happens. While contacting the manufacturer is always a good suggestion, sometimes the place where you bought the light can help even quicker, so that might be the best place to start. It never hurts to ask, and sometimes they'll go out of their way to expedite things for you. Good luck.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first scratches, nicks, dings and dents are the worst. After that, you start noticing it less and less.

Once the light has survived numerous damages and still manage to function, then they become BATTLE SCARS.

And those battle scars not only give the light a rugged look, it also proves that it is a tool that's meant to be used--not a shelf queen--and provide visual testimony to how tough it can be even through abuse.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, it is a GREAT idea to post a pic of the SR91 with the pup, as he is a new Chihuahua...

ROLF! That is even worse than I had pictured! Now you have to post the pic or I'll keep bugging you till you do! (and do show the damage he did)

dingo1799

Newly Enlightened
im the same way with my "toys".... a month or so ago i decided to buy a new head for my stinger led that i use as a right hand at work (bus mechanic), the old one was pretty well beaten up and had some serious scratches on the lens, the 2nd day into it, i dropped it, and of all places for it to land......the corner of the head.... nice big dent in it. i give up lol