Point me in the right direction...

Iansstud

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to figure a few things out.
I have read for about 6 hours and can't seem to put 2+2 together...

I'm am going to attempt to build a headlamp for a specific need. I have most of it worked out as far as mounting, battery storage and shell tube goes. However I am having a difficult time finding a Circuit board with PWM that can dim down and up like my UF-H2, only without any noticeable flicker from the PWM. I like how my UF-H2 works (hold the button down, and it oscillates from bright to dim back and forth until you find the right brightness) another issue with the H2 is the SOS mode, It absolutely cannot have any strobe, sos, or anything other than the On, Off and oscillating up and down.

The Ultrafire H2 would get the job done, except I need just the LED, Reflector, lens and a housing to mount to the front, anything more will be too heavy (like a battery, circuit board or switch) and only the SOS removed from the program.

Any Ideas on where/how to find/make a Circuit board like I have described? I would like it to match the most efficent Cree LED that can handle 4-6hrs of run time.

Thanks- Ian

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, with any PWM your gonna have some noticeable flicker at some point of dimming, thats just the nature of Pulse Width Modulation. perhaps what your looking for is a VV/VC controller?