Advice regarding VME and 2x AA

headers

Newly Enlightened
I am putting together a light for a friend and we have settled on a VME head plus M31W.
He wants to power with 2x AA (primary or eneloop) and wishes to to use a CLICKY.
I may provide him with a 1x123 body also but that is easy.

What body choices do I have for the 2x AA?
No Titanium please, though the Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak plus Ti VME would be nice.

Update: I really would prefer AA rather than CR123. And it must be clicky. A grey or black alu version of the Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak, is really what we want. In stock and obtainable a definite plus.

Thanks,
S.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Little Twisty is what I have, it is a little pricey for just a battery tube if you already have the VME head, not sure if they will sell you the tube without it's own accompanying VME head.
Solarforce had CR123 hosts, I never figured out if they had AA hosts or not.

My set up is the M31WL with Eneloops, I really like it even considering the $ outlay for a one mode light, it's just a sturdy, fantastic little Torch. -If there was a high/low ring for it it'd be about perfect.

Sorry man I'm unobservant, just reread and saw the clicky requirement. I have no clue about a host, my comment is almost useless unless This renders the clicky unnecessary...

I just twist the VME head with one hand until it first comes on, stop there -it'll turn off Now it's a fine momentary switch.
-The uneven pressure of twisting along with a tiny bit of play in the threads lets the head make momentary contact when you push the head with your thumb as if it had a side switch. I'm Not talking about a loose twisty head but the squareness of the host/drop in contact is very close.

A little gorilla tape or friction tape at the bezel and at the tail and it's a great work light.

Last edited:

mbw_151

Enlightened
It's probaly not the most cost effective solution, but you could buy a Surefire E2L AA and sell the head. Another option is picking up a Surefire 9P at fire sale price, add a battery sleeve and convert the Z41 with a McClicky or change to a Z59 for a slightly heavier and bulkier light.