Flashlight Enthusiast
Another new light from Niteye..

XM-L U2 LED, 1-260lm

14995481_05a8255055703a075ea5e604f969bafd_l.jpg

14995479_2bcba752404d6a014088da10f6079260_l.jpg

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Exactly the same as the Jetbeam RRT-01.

Just a little bit different in styling and knurling.

The Jetbeam only driven harder.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. Looks the same as the Jetbeam RRT-01, right down tot he stainless steel lanyard ring at the back. Only differences appear to be slight changes to body styling around the knurling, control ring, and near the reflector. This one looks driven less than the RRT-01 and has an orange peel reflector. Unknown whether this is infinitely variable like the RRT-01 or has preset brightness levels like the M11R.

jay_rush

Unenlightened
the jetbeam isnt driven harder its just that if u put a rcr in it it can get to 500 lumens. if its like other jetbeam lights if u put an rcr in it 500 lumens is the only mode u can put it in. but on regular cr123s it can do multiple modes and has a high of 220. if u put a rcr in the eye10 it could probably get to 550+ lumens because it has a U2, and on regular cr123 its 260 lumens. i very much think this will definitely be my new ECD

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lateral heat sink looks similar to the Sunways, and makes more sense than the longitudinal finger wells on the RRT-01's head, which can no longer be rotated like the original RRT-0 XR-E R2's head from a couple of years ago.

Boy they copy of each other, right down to the ss bezel with a lateral square cut groove in it....

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
the jetbeam isnt driven harder its just that if u put a rcr in it it can get to 500 lumens. if its like other jetbeam lights if u put an rcr in it 500 lumens is the only mode u can put it in. but on regular cr123s it can do multiple modes and has a high of 220. if u put a rcr in the eye10 it could probably get to 550+ lumens because it has a U2, and on regular cr123 its 260 lumens. i very much think this will definitely be my new ECD

My RRT-01 arrived yesterday. I'm currently running it on a 4.2v AW IMR 18350, but I've also tried RCR and IMR 16340. I confirm that it is fully variable even with IMR cells. It smoothly ramps from an extremely low low (far lower than any other flashlight I own including the Sunwayman V10R) all the way up to maximum. It is definitely NOT getting only max brightness when run on RCR.

I don't have a way to accurately measure brightness but in a ceiling bounce test it is noticeably brighter than my V10R running IMR 16340 which is supposed to output 450 lumens. As such, I think that the 500 lumen rated output on 16340 is accurate.

We also don't know the electronics on the Eye10. From the pic in this thread it's 260 lumens. But we don't know if it gets brighter when using a 16340. Some lights don't. However, from the exterior styling it looks nearly identical to an RRT-01. If they've also got the driver from an RRT-01 then the EYE10 with its U2 emitter should be brighter than the RRT-01 with it's inferior T6 emitter.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it looks quite nice, but I am on the fence between the Eye10 and RRT-01. I can't buy both, as the new arrivals from Sunwayman are on my shopping list.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
My RRT-01 arrived yesterday. I'm currently running it on a 4.2v AW IMR 18350, but I've also tried RCR and IMR 16340. I confirm that it is fully variable even with IMR cells. It smoothly ramps from an extremely low low (far lower than any other flashlight I own including the Sunwayman V10R) all the way up to maximum. It is definitely NOT getting only max brightness when run on RCR.

I don't have a way to accurately measure brightness but in a ceiling bounce test it is noticeably brighter than my V10R running IMR 16340 which is supposed to output 450 lumens. As such, I think that the 500 lumen rated output on 16340 is accurate.

We also don't know the electronics on the Eye10. From the pic in this thread it's 260 lumens. But we don't know if it gets brighter when using a 16340. Some lights don't. However, from the exterior styling it looks nearly identical to an RRT-01. If they've also got the driver from an RRT-01 then the EYE10 with its U2 emitter should be brighter than the RRT-01 with it's inferior T6 emitter.

That's great news about the arrival of your RRT-01.
Fireclaw, is your V10R the: XP-G R5 210 lumens, XM-L T6 460 lumens, or XM-L U2 500 lumen version? I have the XM-L T6 for 460 lumens.
How does the hotspot of the RRT-01 compare with the V10R for: tint, intensity, size? The RRT-01 is warmer, but less bright, yet larger in hotspot size?
How does the spill brightness and size compare? The RRT-01 is wider, and brighter?

The RRT-0's ring starts from the left at strobe, then standby, then ramps continuously from low to high; more than 270 degrees of turn just from standby to high.
What is the RRT-01's ring sequence like? The same?
How much turn from standby to high? The same 3/4 of a turn, or down to 1/2 a turn, or just 1/3 a turn like the V10R?

Now we can kinda work out what the Niteye EYE10 will be like...

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
EYE10 retail price (China) - 498 CNY (79.08 USD)

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great news about the arrival of your RRT-01.
Fireclaw, is your V10R the: XP-G R5 210 lumens, XM-L T6 460 lumens, or XM-L U2 500 lumen version? I have the XM-L T6 for 460 lumens.
How does the hotspot of the RRT-01 compare with the V10R for: tint, intensity, size? The RRT-01 is warmer, but less bright, yet larger in hotspot size?
How does the spill brightness and size compare? The RRT-01 is wider, and brighter?

The RRT-0's ring starts from the left at strobe, then standby, then ramps continuously from low to high; more than 270 degrees of turn just from standby to high.
What is the RRT-01's ring sequence like? The same?
How much turn from standby to high? The same 3/4 of a turn, or down to 1/2 a turn, or just 1/3 a turn like the V10R?

Now we can kinda work out what the Niteye EYE10 will be like...

My V10R is the 460 lumen T6 version.

The hotspot on the RRT-01 is about the same size as the hotspot on my V10R. However the RRT-01's hotspot is much brighter and better defined. The spill on both lights is quite bright and usable. The spill on the RRT-01 is wider than the spill on the V10R owing to the RRT-01's shallower reflector, but the spill on the V10R looks less ringy than the spill on the RRT-01.

Note: I'm going off "eyeball" observations made by shining the light at a white wall at turn-on. I haven't checked how the brightness holds up if the light is left running for awhile. The tint is definitely cool white. But unlike my Jetbeam PA01, there's no hint of green.

The RRT-01's interface is incredibly easy to use: Ring at far left is off. Ring at far right is max. As you move the ring from left to right the light output will gradually brighten. Total ring travel is about 120 degrees... the same as on the V10R. There is a detente at each end to keep the ring locked at off or max. The RRT01 is easy to turn from off to max in one hand with one motion by rotating the ring with the index finger and thumb. The light can be cycled from off to max or any position in between in less than a second.

Note that the "off" position is actually a 50 microamp standby. If you don't want the standby battery drain you'll have to unscrew the battery compartment slightly to activate tailcap lockout. A 10 degrees unscrew is enough to lockout the light. The ring is stiff enough it probably isn't necessary to lock it out to prevent it from turning on in your pocket. Especially with the detente at the off position. The only reason you'd need to lock it out is if you don't want the standby drain.

The RRT-01 has no strobe, but it does have a hidden SOS mode. To access the hidden SOS mode, turn the ring to max, then rotate the ring to the left and back to max quickly three times in a row. I think this is a fine way of adding an SOS mode. It's hidden enough there's no chance you'll accidentally activate it, but at the same time it's easy to get to if you actually want it.

Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a standard EYE10 on my test bench, review to come soon, but a few early tests have some interesting results.

The EYE10 and RRT01 are apparently designed by the same person, but then manufactured by separate factories.

Using my newly calibrated integrating sphere, on CR123 the EYE10 gives out 262lm, on an AW IMR it gives out 662lm!!!! (and gets hot pretty quickly)

Parasitic drain on the EYE10 measured 0.02mA (20uA).

It has hidden strobe and SOS that you will not accidentally activate, and these modes can also be dimmed.

I like it and will get a review out asap, but have the EYE30 Desert edition to complete first.

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a standard EYE10 on my test bench, review to come soon, but a few early tests have some interesting results.

The EYE10 and RRT01 are apparently designed by the same person, but then manufactured by separate factories.

Using my newly calibrated integrating sphere, on CR123 the EYE10 gives out 262lm, on an AW IMRm it gives out 662lm!!!! (and gets hot pretty quickly)

Parasitic drain on the EYE10 measured 0.02mA (20uA).

It has hidden strobe and SOS that you will not accidentally activate, and these modes can also be dimmed.

I like it and will get a review out asap, but have the EYE30 Desert edition to complete first.

Wow awesome! Some questions:

1. Does it fit AW IMR 18350 cells like the RRT-01? And will the Ti version be coming up for sale soon?
2. Please describe how the interface works. How to activate the strobe and SOS mode, etc. Also, is the light infinitely variable?
3. Do you know if or when this light will be available in the US? Same for the titanium version?
4. How stiff is the ring? Is it stiff enough to protect against being accidentally turned on in the pocket?

From what you've described so far it sounds like an improved version of the RRT-01 and possibly at a cheaper price.

Last edited:

us3rname

Newly Enlightened
Freaking ay. This models sounds good. Looking forward to the review Subwoofer!

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like i has an OP reflector, unlike the JETBeam.

edit; I see this was already mentioned, missed it. :)

Last edited: