Malkoff M61 LLL on 2 AA batteries???

ash211

Newly Enlightened
Will this set up work? Will you get full output? What kind of run time will you get? And yes, I'm talking about the custom LLL that Oveready sells. Thanks for the help.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it will work. No, you won't get full-output. It will be dim and constantly dimming, because it's just direct driving the emitter, and makes no difference whether it's a regular version, L, LL, or LLL. I have no idea what people think is so great about it, but have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the initial output on fresh cells when I tried it. Quite usable around the house.
Runtime will depend on the batteries.

Xacto

Enlightened
[I have no idea what people think is so great about it, .

Using a Surefire 9P or a 6P plus extender, you can use AA when you run out of CR123s when the end of the world is 'nigh'
Funny think to try, good thing to know but at least in my area I hardly doubt that I will ever be in such a situation.

Cheers
Thorsten

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using a Surefire 9P or a 6P plus extender, you can use AA when you run out of CR123s when the end of the world is 'nigh'

I wrap AAs in paper to make spacers in 123-eatingn lights. I have more than a few gizmos consisting of 2 NiMHs wired to a white LED. It's "enough" light for indoor tasks.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it will work. No, you won't get full-output. It will be dim and constantly dimming, because it's just direct driving the emitter, and makes no difference whether it's a regular version, L, LL, or LLL. I have no idea what people think is so great about it, but have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the initial output on fresh cells when I tried it. Quite usable around the house.
Runtime will depend on the batteries.

Necrobump but it deserves it.

What is so great about it is you can run it at full power on fresh 123 cells or 18650 cells and when you deplete those, run it on fresh AA cells. I have that 3xAA body and you do indeed get full power at 4.5V. And as the cells discharge and it goes out of regulation (after hours of full power) you can an awesome tail of probably 50 hours for the total runtime close to 90 hours or so.

I tried to run the cells out of power and got tired of waiting.