Magmini aa upgrade

henry9419

Newly Enlightened
I want to upgrade my year old maglite, it finally seems dim tho its still as bright as when it was new. I dont have really many tools to machine any heatsinks or anything, but I would like to run an xml at 350mA or so, using a micro buckpuck but im not sure what batteries i can use that ill be able to fit two into the housing, im thinking maybe cr123s or something, as I would prob only be able to fit one 18650. Oh and ill use a regina or maybe a carclo optic for a little more flood.

So what ideas do you guys have in terms of mounting the led star? Ohh and im gonna try to mount a switch in the end of the housing some where

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, you want to convert an AA Mini-Mag to CR123a's? That's going to take some doing and the walls will end up being a bit thin, not to mention needing a new tail cap to fit over the body tube.

Why can't you use 2 X AA with a Sandwich Shop Mad Max Lite driver (350mA)? You still need a heat sink and the rest isn't so difficult to do.

henry9419

Newly Enlightened
Well the cr123 were just an idea, where can i get this sandwich shoppe board again, and how long about would the AAs run the light for? I guess depends on the batteries and lithium or not...what could i do interms of a heatsink?