Can you replace the lens on a G2?

Hogosha

Newly Enlightened
Can you remove the lens on a G2? If so anyone making a replacement lense that will fit?

Defectfully
Patrick

FNG

Enlightened
Go to the Dealers Corner and look up for a thread started by Battery Station.

Hogosha

Newly Enlightened
FNG,
Can't find it, can you please post link? Thanks!

Defectfully
Patrick

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Ideally, you would need a tool designed to fit the indentations on the retaining ring. It can be done pretty easily without any special tools though. The best results I've achieved involved squeezing the bezel - kind of trying to squish it. This should help loosen up the small amount of epoxy they use to lock the ring in place.

Unscrewing the ring can be done a number of different ways. I built a tool, but needle nose pliers will work also. Just try to span the ring and grip the notches on both sides.

I'm working on finalizing some new glass to go in the G2 - it will be 1.2mm thick UCL - "water white" glass with AR coatings on both sides.

FNG

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Hogosha said:
FNG,
Can't find it, can you please post link? Thanks!

Defectfully
Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I dont know what I was thinking when I posted that. I meant to say flashlightlens.com. Sorry.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
unclearty said:
Is the water white to diffuse the beam??

[/ QUOTE ]

The "water white" is another name for the UCL, which stands for Ultra Clear Lens. It adds a good percentage of brightness to the light by allowing more visible light transmission.