The Klarus XT11 Thread

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
So, I guess a previous thread got all jacked up and was closed. A few of us were in the middle of a conversation about a repair I have in for warranty service.

In response to ledmitter_nli below, yep, I sent my light in to those people. I think they are "official" because They are servicing my light and are not asking for money (uhh, though, of course, they still haven't sent my XT11 back). So I guess they are an authorized retailer or distributor?

I actually bought the light from Going Gear and, yes, I did send the light in to them at first. They sort of fixed it ...but not really. That's why I ended up sending it to Klaruslights.com, thinking they were some kind of official representation of the Chinese company here, stateside. Details about this are in SelfBuilt's review thread and now spread across like 3 different threads because that other one got messed up :).

Ledmitter wrote:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GhostMeat
For the record, I've actually been dealing with a bad switch. I was documenting it over in SelfBuilt's review thread. I know, it should be documented here.

Long story short, my switch failed and I sent it to the retailer who said they would perform any warranty work. They sort of fixed it, but it was buggy (details in the other thread) and I had to send it in to Klarus USA themselves. The darn light's been there in California for almost a month. I should note that Klarus has been pretty responsive to email though. It's just been slow. I haven't actually physically seen my Klarus XT11 since early May sometime.

And, uh, yeah, my tac ring actually came broken, new out of the box. Weird. Anyway, they are replacing that too. And the clip. I think I won't add much more to that...seems you guys have it covered! :)

gm.

A month in Cali? klaruslights.com right? (notice the "s" at the end) You should realize they are not Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd. (china), but a reseller who is using the Klarus namesake for their own merchantability.

For all things Klarus people need to work with their originating authorized dealer or through klaruslight.com (china, and without the "s")

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like Klaruslights USA. They look shady and probably "warrantied" your light in order to look legit when all they did was probably send it to China.

Again KlarusLights USA is *not* Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd. (china)

Actually I'm almost afraid to reply given the New Age sensitive rules of this forum.

We're adults, a little banter should be fine.

Last edited:

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I guess I see that now. Though, I did explicitly ask them if they send the light all the way back to China and the guy, Jeff, over there said they do not and they repair it in house, in California. Who the heck knows though. I thought they seemed like a distributor because they don't actually sell stuff on their website. It's product info, retailer info and warranty info.

I don't like Klaruslights USA. They look shady and probably "warrantied" your light in order to look legit when all they did was probably send it to China.

Again KlarusLights USA is *not* Klarus Lighting Technology Co., Ltd. (china)

Actually I'm almost afraid to reply given the New Age sensitive rules of this forum.

We're adults, a little banter should be fine.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
I apologize that we did not fix the light properly. We usually test them thoroughly before sending them out, so I will check and make sure that happens in the future if that did not happen this time.

Regarding the rings, Klarus has said that the newer ones are improved. If yours or anyone else's breaks under normal use, contact your dealer and they will send you a replacement.

Klarus Light US is just a distributor, not the US arm of Klarus. Klarus does not have a US arm. They do some warranty work for Klarus though.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apologize that we did not fix the light properly. We usually test them thoroughly before sending them out, so I will check and make sure that happens in the future if that did not happen this time.

Regarding the rings, Klarus has said that the newer ones are improved. If yours or anyone else's breaks under normal use, contact your dealer and they will send you a replacement.

Klarus Light US is just a distributor, not the US arm of Klarus. Klarus does not have a US arm. They do some warranty work for Klarus though.

As I've stated before about GoingGear in a previous thread.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...omer-service&p=3961778&viewfull=1#post3961778

Let's all remember the mom and pop shops that try their best at being informative and helpful to our little niche as we shop.

Of course I could buy stuff through amazon but amazon is a rich monopoly and probably one of the reasons why so many mom and pop shops are struggling.

Thanks for your video reviews marshal. Keep on trucking. I will definitely buy from you again.

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
For the record, you dudes at GoingGear still run a top notch shop. I still get stuff from you. Yeah, I guess the repair was not 100%, but for the record and for everyone to know, Going Gear did offer to, of course, fix the fix.

I ended up sending it to those other guys because I thought they were some kind of official representatives of Klarus here, stateside. And I guess they are somewhat official in some capacity -- they are sending me a new replacement for a product I did not buy from them and not charging me anything (Although, I learned yesterday that they can't repair it and have to order that new one from China. *shrug* I don't know what's going on.).

Both GoingGear and KlarusLightsUS.com have been responsive and professional. I assure you, people appreciate that and take notice. Nobody's been a ****. Hah!

gm.

ToNIX

Enlightened
I've searched but could not find an answer. Is this light offered only in cool tint? Is there any neutral tint available?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've searched but could not find an answer. Is this light offered only in cool tint? Is there any neutral tint available?
as far as I'm aware it is only in cool white, since it's the XM-L U2 bin and I don't believe they make neutral U2s. :/

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
Man...so it's July 23rd and the issue that I've been documenting here is finally resolved.

Bottom line, the people at klaruslightusa.com ended up sending me a new light after almost 3 months (Though, my original problem was reported in April!). As a make-good, they also sent along a XT1A, a couple of Surefire batteries, and a Klarus headband. I still can't say it was totally worth the wait. :)

gm.

For the record, you dudes at GoingGear still run a top notch shop. I still get stuff from you. Yeah, I guess the repair was not 100%, but for the record and for everyone to know, Going Gear did offer to, of course, fix the fix.

I ended up sending it to those other guys because I thought they were some kind of official representatives of Klarus here, stateside. And I guess they are somewhat official in some capacity -- they are sending me a new replacement for a product I did not buy from them and not charging me anything (Although, I learned yesterday that they can't repair it and have to order that new one from China. *shrug* I don't know what's going on.).

Both GoingGear and KlarusLightsUS.com have been responsive and professional. I assure you, people appreciate that and take notice. Nobody's been a ****. Hah!

gm.

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
That is good you finally got the situation taken care of; I'm surprised they sent out an XT1A...isn't that the 1xAA xp-g model?

I have now owned my Klarus xt11 for about 2 weeks now and I love it. The only thing I'm not too keen on is its miscentered led and the fact the beam seems to have some sort of randomish starburst pattern around the hotspot; I've never seen this before and was thinking perhaps the dome to the led was damaged...I literally have no idea what would cause it. I tried taking pictures, but I can't get it to show. Its not too big a deal as with normal real-world use you can't tell its there, but is something cpf'er would notice while whitewall hunting lol

GhostMeat

Newly Enlightened
Yes, it is the 1xAA XP-G model. I'm alright with it! :) I know, I was surprised too -- but, I did basically have to wait almost 3 months to get my light back. On top of that, it's not like they sent me a new one...I'm pretty sure they just finally repaired my original light and sent it back to me. Which would have been fine if they did it months ago. Lame. They said that they would have one of their dealers send one out, but the USPS box that I got actually had their own return address on it. Busted.

I knew I should have just sent it back to Going Gear. Even though the original repair was not 100%, at least they said what they did and they did what they say.

That is good you finally got the situation taken care of; I'm surprised they sent out an XT1A...isn't that the 1xAA xp-g model?

I have now owned my Klarus xt11 for about 2 weeks now and I love it. The only thing I'm not too keen on is its miscentered led and the fact the beam seems to have some sort of randomish starburst pattern around the hotspot; I've never seen this before and was thinking perhaps the dome to the led was damaged...I literally have no idea what would cause it. I tried taking pictures, but I can't get it to show. Its not too big a deal as with normal real-world use you can't tell its there, but is something cpf'er would notice while whitewall hunting lol

kj2

Flashaholic
Is that problem with the grip-ring over? Read that some people got theirs broken straight out of the box, and some where broken with the first bump..

1c3d0g

Newly Enlightened
From what I've read, they've changed them from plastic to metal and that seems to have cured the problem. One of these days I'll be receiving a Klarus XT11, and believe me it will be tested (read: abused) when it arrives. I expect nothing less than pure performance, or it's going in the trash!

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
From what I've read, they've changed them from plastic to metal and that seems to have cured the problem. One of these days I'll be receiving a Klarus XT11, and believe me it will be tested (read: abused) when it arrives. I expect nothing less than pure performance, or it's going in the trash!
...or send it to me and I will gladly pay the shipping :D

jhoppes1

Newly Enlightened
Had my xt11 for 3 months now and discovered that sometime last night the mode switch stopped working.No strobe, no mode change. I'm going to call the distributor see what they can do. Any one else had a switch fail?

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my xt11 for 3 months now and discovered that sometime last night the mode switch stopped working.No strobe, no mode change. I'm going to call the distributor see what they can do. Any one else had a switch fail?

Perhaps disassemble the tailcap module and inspect it?

jhoppes1

Newly Enlightened
I thought the same thing so I disassembled the tail switch. No obvious problems visually, switch still makes clicking sound. There doesn't seem to be any way to get to the circuit board to check for broken solder joints. Anyhow nothing was different after reassembly.guess I need another light while I send the xt in for repair.

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
I thought the same thing so I disassembled the tail switch. No obvious problems visually, switch still makes clicking sound. There doesn't seem to be any way to get to the circuit board to check for broken solder joints. Anyhow nothing was different after reassembly.guess I need another light while I send the xt in for repair.
Are your batteries good. The XT11 starts acting funky when they are low.

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
Is the xt11 pocketable? R u able to basically EDC it perhaps in your front pocket?