Clearification needed with Olight M20 models.

MilitaryPower

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm possible looking for a new light, but even after searching through a handful of threads for hours, I am more confused than I was to start off with. Too much technical info. All the technical info gathered here was read from the package or the product.

I have and Olight M20 Warrior Special Operations with the Cree XP-G R5 LED, rated at 320 lumens and a 4 hour runtime (I hardly believe that). It has the side button. I understand that there is a new M20S-X that has 500 lumens and there is also an LED upgrade I can do to my current light.

So the questions are:

1. Real runtimes between the the 500, 364, 320 versions. Regulation and dropoff. I would use CR123As and Ultrafire and Tenergy 18650s.
2. Beam characteristics. Throw and flood primarily. More light is moot if everything else suffers.

I don't know or understand the data to be able to come to a conclusion, so those of you who know more than I, please help a fellow quality flashlight user out.

Thank you!

Last edited:

MilitaryPower

Newly Enlightened
Oh, and I also have an original M20 (250 lumen?), would the upgraded LEDs work in it as well?