Blackout on July 7 2012 - North York Toronto, Now you need a FLASHLIGHT!

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
http://www.taoistmasterblog.com/07-july-2012-torontos-power-outage-wisdom-saved-night/

Man, tonight was wild blackout in our area (North York, Toronto) for about 1 hr and all the street lights were out too. I had tons of fun shining down all my lights down the street calling batman! What do you do at home if you have no lights? Turn on the SR90 and shine that freaky 2200 lumens on the ceiling and everybody outside will be jealous of you for sure! Just like this!!!!!! Oh yeah, we don't give a SHEET about blackout! Call me BATMAN!

DSC_1830-1024x680.jpg

ico

Enlightened
Power also went out on us last night. Too bad i was already asleep when this happen.

ragweed

Enlightened
This is why long run time flashlights is important such as the E01 & Gerber Infinity IMO.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
haha! Actually the SR90 have 18 hrs on 700 lumens so I am good. I just use the 2200 lumesn mode and it gave 80 mins which is enough for this time. I have tons of other lights to go on duty too if that SR90 is out, no worry, haahaha! you should say "that is why it is important to be a flashlight addict have have tons of lights at home" so you can swap between them. hahahaha!

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
http://www.taoistmasterblog.com/07-july-2012-torontos-power-outage-wisdom-saved-night/

Man, tonight was wild blackout in our area (North York, Toronto) for about 1 hr and all the street lights were out too. I had tons of fun shining down all my lights down the street calling batman! What do you do at home if you have no lights? Turn on the SR90 and shine that freaky 2200 lumens on the ceiling and everybody outside will be jealous of you for sure! Just like this!!!!!! Oh yeah, we don't give a SHEET about blackout! Call me BATMAN!

DSC_1830-1024x680.jpg

oh gosh...tell me you're eating instant noodles :D

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
NOPE! I am eating korean noodles with nice korean BBQ marinade chicken cooked before the blackout, in fish oil soy sauce, OH YEAH! Kimchi too, what a nice meal!

Btw, I am not Korean, I am a Chinese, haahah!

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
NOPE! I am eating korean noodles with nice korean BBQ marinade chicken cooked before the blackout, in fish oil soy sauce, OH YEAH! Kimchi too, what a nice meal!

Btw, I am not Korean, I am a Chinese, haahah!

I figured, lol! that sounds like an awesome meal...lucky you guys, I remember the food in the toronto area being awesome last i visited 6 years ago :p Also, I'll take a shot in the dark and say that using your SR90 as a temporary house lighting solution was "chee seen" but effective.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Hahahaha! Very chee seen indeed but I made everyone jealous around my building! hahaha! They surely was confused about why power did not ran out in our unit! hahaha! I charged the SR90 right after the power came back and another short 5mins blackout struck and so I got power for that again, WOW! smart! haha!

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahahaha! Very chee seen indeed but I made everyone jealous around my building! hahaha! They surely was confused about why power did not ran out in our unit! hahaha! I charged the SR90 right after the power came back and another short 5mins blackout struck and so I got power for that again, WOW! smart! haha!

When i get the money for it, I'm definitely going to look into getting a superlight form factor like the sr90 or tm11 lol

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Hahhahaha~ Noop~ still white! That's the miracle part! but the cap (cover) of the SR90 had melted abit and broke off a tiny piece! :(

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah you should, the TM11 was kept as a back up that night just in case.. but my RRT3 was my primary "play around" light and it was awesome shooting that RRT3 outside! hahaha! I wished people were doing the same thing around my area and so we can signal to each other and fight in the dark by distance with our light sabers! hahaahha! That would be fun!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A old guy at work got a nice tactic for blackouts. He got a small generator, and a a cord with 2 male contacts. When the power is out, he remove the main fuse for the house and plug the generator with 2 male contacts directly to the wall outake. Main fuse is removed so he wont feed the neighbours with power. He only use a small generator so he can keep his lights going, tv on, and the freezer cold :)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah you should, the TM11 was kept as a back up that night just in case.. but my RRT3 was my primary "play around" light and it was awesome shooting that RRT3 outside! hahaha! I wished people were doing the same thing around my area and so we can signal to each other and fight in the dark by distance with our light sabers! hahaahha! That would be fun!

Seen one of your videos where it appears you are firing live ammunition in your apartment.

Where the hell do you live where that's legal in a city complex?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a real tropical storm last week, which lasted for a little over a half hour. I went to have a look through the back sliding doors right on time to see the flood in the rear (half basement appartment) I unclogged the drain half an inch before the water could come in. Then the lights went out for over 3 hours. I was a little more humble, though and only used my Sunwayman V11R high CRI and my Zebra H51FW, although I was tempted to bring the TK70 out but I figured I'd keep the extra runtime just in case. I already had planned on eating cold cuts with cheese and only had import beer to go with that. Then I played with the PSP while my cellphones (1 personnal and 1 for work) where charging from my UPS along with my hands-free device. What blackout?