Custom Gun LED Flashlight = Maratac AAA internals inside my handgun...PICS

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
I recenlty modded my Maratac REV2 flashlight using REV1 parts http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...tac-AAA-REV-2-body-PICS&p=4008387#post4008387 and I end up having a REV2 driver and REV1 LED with a reflector and lens.

I carry a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 that comes with an integrated laser, I really don't care much about the laser but I could use a nice LED light in its place.

I WILL UPDATE ONCE I MAKE PROGRESS

This is the gun
10938001lg.jpg

This is what I plan to do using an N Battery, N Battery holder, molded kydex to cover the battery and the Maratac AAA internals using the space of the OEM laser.
33525007.jpg

This is a mock up , everything fist but the reflector needs a little trimming to fit in place.

86474300.jpg

72858321.jpg

Last edited:

snwman13

Newly Enlightened
very nice i would like to see more once you have completed would like to try on my bodygaurd

Illum

Flashaholic
looks insanely awesome sure... but even the .380 auto has some degree of recoil. What are you hoping to keep the stuff from rattling around? potting?

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
looks insanely awesome sure... but even the .380 auto has some degree of recoil. What are you hoping to keep the stuff from rattling around? potting?

I will be using bumber fix mix (flexible black ruberish plastic) to mold the flashlight parts to the gun. But before that Im trying to replicate the laser housing and use the screw that came with it first.

guardpost3

Enlightened
Very cool. I have a bodyguard and have never really cared for the integrated laser. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Filjos

Newly Enlightened
I love seeing modded stuff and things that people built themselves. I'm usually too scared of screwing something up to ever bother trying something like this. If I broke something and had to buy a replacement part I would kick myself. So kudos on that.

That being said, I just think it's too dangerous to mount a flashlight on a gun for two reasons. The first being that the tendency of most people is to point their light at what they want to see, which may not be what you want to be pointing a gun at (I'm not saying anyone uses a weaponlight as a torch when they need one, just that even when you have your weapon out you may not want to be pointing it at what you are pointing your light at. "Who's there? Oh, Hi Officer!"). The second reason being that it takes away any tactical advantage you might have in keeping your position unknown. Anytime you turn on the light, whoever it's pointed at knows right where to aim back at you. Keeping your light separate allows you to hold it in your off hand at arms length or even set it on the ground, roll it across a hallway...etc.

But that's just one opinion.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to a handgun site and you'll find 50 opinions about this. IMHO there is no reason you can't have both. You can use the Flashlight, and when the SHTF you use the weaponlight with both hands on your gun.