Pressure switch/momentary on questions

Krzyshng

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I have multiple questions regarding pressure switches that I'm hoping can help me determine if what I'm planning is even possible. I have never modified any flashlights so I have a severe lack of knowledge in this area.

First of all how does a remote pressure switch even work? By that I mean with a physical tailcap clicky the spring makes contact and completes the circuit and the light turns on, so what is happening when the pad is pressed?

To go with that if one is able to adapt a tailcap or transfer the switch internals to another cap will the switch work with another light assuming both are forward clicky?

To better explain what I'd like to do if a light has some sort of electronic switch like the Spark ST6 series of headlamps is it possible to add a momentary on feature either through a physical clicky or pressure switch added to the end cap?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believ it is an issue of physically fitting the extra switch
AND
the lights electronics will turn on agsain automatically (light becomes ON again) when the circuit is opened/closed by the extra switch action.
(I believ it is highly unlikely taht they will)

To test this just break the circuit, unscrewing the tailcapo whne the light is on, and screw it down again to re-establish electrical contact

Krzyshng

Newly Enlightened
the lights electronics will turn on agsain automatically (light becomes ON again) when the circuit is opened/closed by the extra switch action.
(I believ it is highly unlikely taht they will)

To test this just break the circuit, unscrewing the tailcapo whne the light is on, and screw it down again to re-establish electrical contact

Sorry don't completely understand your post. So if the light electronics don't turn on automatically then you're saying it is not possible with this particular light? I tested the light and you are correct when contact is broken and reestablished the light remains off. So what does this mean will it work with another switch if I can get it to fit?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2