Looking for another Hi output light?

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I am considering these three right now for no particular reason other then I want them.

Fenix tk70 for its high output and decent throw and imo good price

Sunwayman t60cs for its high output ans good price as well as higher throw then the tm11

Foursevens maelstrom s18 not really sure why, its just attractive to me i like the idea of 1200 lumens on a single emitter

post in the comments what you would choose and why, also does anyone have any beamshot comparisons of the maelstrom s18 vs some other high output lights? Ive already seen selfbuilts shots but would like to see some others

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
T60CS. It has twice the output (2400 OTF) and slightly better throw (34,100 lux) than the S18. It's also half the size. Why bother with the S18? Unless you need over 300 meters of throw no reason for a dedicated thrower anymore. The same throw brightness at 300 meters with the T60CS will get you 420 meters with the TK70. Is the TK70 really worth dragging around a Toilet Plunger on a shoulder strap for only 120 extra meters of throw, and slightly less lumens? The T60CS will fit into a front coat pocket. The T60CS really does everything well for a "Super" light. I have sold all my throwers except for the Aspheric. The T60CS is shock and awe in a small package.

BTW- If you really need the extra throw get a Thrunite TN30. It has 49,000 lux, (365 meters vs 420 meters TK70) and makes about 500 Lumen more OTF. It is a bit bigger than T60CS though.

EDIT.....I just seen Selfbuilt changed the Lux number on the S18 also. T60CS is 34,100 lux and S18 is 38,200 lux. So for all practical purposes throw will look the same.

Last edited:

Bwolcott

Enlightened
T60CS. It has twice the output (2400 OTF) and slightly better throw (34,100 lux) than the S18. It's also half the size. Why bother with the S18? Unless you need over 300 meters of throw no reason for a dedicated thrower anymore. The same throw brightness at 300 meters with the T60CS will get you 420 meters with the TK70. Is the TK70 really worth dragging around a Toilet Plunger on a shoulder strap for only 120 extra meters of throw, and slightly less lumens? The T60CS will fit into a front coat pocket. The T60CS really does everything well for a "Super" light. I have sold all my throwers except for the Aspheric. The T60CS is shock and awe in a small package.

BTW- If you really need the extra throw get a Thrunite TN30. It has 49,000 lux, (365 meters vs 420 meters TK70) and makes about 500 Lumen more OTF. It is a bit bigger than T60CS though.

thanks for your input, the only reason I am staying away from the tn30 is because it will only accept 18650s and I prefer lights with more battery options and I already have a crelant 7g9

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What about HID lights? No lower modes, and many don't have easily replaceable batteries, but they are bright and throwy.

What price and what is your goal? (Throw, output, both?)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maelsroms are nice, I have the S12 and it's a fun 26650 light. ElectroLumens BigBruiser are also pretty sweet. There all flood though.

If I had to choose, I'd get the Fenix TK70, it's got a great mix of flood and throw, with almost 100k lux.

Billy Ram

Enlightened
You may want to take a look at the ThruNite TN30. A light I found to be very handy with plenty of lumens and long run time.
Billy

Bwolcott

Enlightened
What about HID lights? No lower modes, and many don't have easily replaceable batteries, but they are bright and throwy.

What price and what is your goal? (Throw, output, both?)

Im not in to Hid lights but thanks for the response