Undercover Party Strobe for your average rave - Best pocketable flashlight choices

Could a pocketable flashlight serve as an awesome mini strobe?

• Hell yeah I throw flashlight strobe parties all the time

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Of course!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • With the right flashlight! Il'l tell you which one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yohandsome

Newly Enlightened

Hahahaha, ahem, so :D - what flashlights would work best for your average rave party in a dimly lit cellar? I'm thinking we need a slower, perhaps 5 - 9 Hz strobe coupled with high output and as short as possible "flash" duration with the least amount of ramp up/down.

Apparently the Jetbeam as seen in the review, changes strobe frequency every 1.4 seconds and it's on the unpocketable side, not good. BTW, some safety information from wikipedia:

Most strobe lights on sale to the public are factory-limited to about 10-12 flashes per second in their internal oscillators, although externally triggered strobe lights will often flash as frequently as possible. At a frequency of 10 Hz, 65% of affected people are still at risk. The British Health and Safety Executive recommend that a net flash rate for a bank of strobe lights does not exceed 5 flashes per second, at which only 5% of photosensitive epileptics are at risk. It also recommends that no strobing effect continue for more than 30 seconds, due to the potential for discomfort and disorientation. - wiki

Cheers!
lovecpf

Imon

Enlightened
Lol,
Actually I still have a cheap mini strobe light that I bought about 7 years ago.
It's much better than any flashlight I own since you can adjust the frequency.

BarryG

Enlightened
I had a Jet I Pro that you could set the strobe to whatever you wanted. If you could find one, maybe a Quark RGB?

Barry

cistallus

Enlightened
The 4Sevens Mini-123 has a hidden strobe mode - it's not variable but is on the fast side - but it's certainly pocketable! Good on CR123, much brighter on RCR123 (16340).

Tegan's Dad

Newly Enlightened
Isn't there a maglite (XL200?) that allows a variable strobe by holding the button down and rotating the light to vary the rate? I'm not sure what range for frequency, but that might be a possibility.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The jetbeam M1X and I believe also the Armytek Predator allow you to set the strobe frequency.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure am glad I watched the video before lambasting you for asking advice on which light is best for drug parties. :) LOL