Zebralight 502d v 502 cool white

ridnovir

Newly Enlightened
Could someone elaborate on the differences between Zebralight 502d v 502 cool whit. Some beam shots comparison would be nice. Is lower lm on high cri 502d very noticeable in comparison to the regular? Also how the throw compare on these (I mean they both flood lights but will I see further with 502 cool white)?

Pretbek

Newly Enlightened
There is a pic of the 502, 502d and 502c in this thread, as well as some comments on comparable light intensity and beam tint.

I thought there was a flashaholic that owns both the 502 and the 502d, but I don't remember who, sorry.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Could someone elaborate on the differences between Zebralight 502d v 502 cool whit. Some beam shots comparison would be nice. Is lower lm on high cri 502d very noticeable in comparison to the regular? Also how the throw compare on these (I mean they both flood lights but will I see further with 502 cool white)?

Yes, but it isn't a huge difference. My CW H502 "throws" a bit further than my H502d when both are on H1 (max), which is what you'd expect when both lights have the same reflector and lens, but one light has 260 lumens and the other has 170 lumens. But neither really throws much at all, they are good for looking at things that are close (eg reading, arms length fiddly work, general campsite use).

Perhaps if you tell us what you want the "throw" for we can advise whether it is good enough or not. There are a number of threads dealing with the H502s here on CPF, try the CPF google search (top left of screen) with h502 h502d and you'lll see them.

blgentry

Newly Enlightened
The guy in this video has all three of the H502s and shows them off starting at the mark I've linked to. You'll see their colors and relative intensities.

After watching it, I was undecided. I was pretty sure I liked the "d", but the "c" was interesting too. I couldn't find either in a reasonable time, so I bought something else. I see Zebra now has the "d" in stock. But that could change any moment as they seem to be selling very, very quickly right now.

Good luck!

Brian.