How much do you enjoy tracking? What's your ordering style?

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am relatively new to this hobby and online shopping. First time I ordered online was two lights. I tracked the package at every opportunity I can for the package to arrive at my cousin's house. I seem to enjoy the tracking much more than the arrival of the light itself! Of course I did enjoy the light itself but the enjoyment started to wane just about when I new the package has been delivered. I started to think about what to order next even before I actually received the package! Lately I ordered a few small items (springs, magnets, cell holders) just for the sake of having something to look forward to. I guess this the addiction that most of us are going through..now on to the next hit.. Next time I guess I'll be ordering singly...I even wanted it shipped through the post office. I like the long euphoric effect of tracking the long way from China:D

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
most often i order, and forget them before they arrive.. then its like mini-xmas when there is a package waiting for me, one that i dont instantly recall what it is. (living in europe normally means 2 weeks delivery time from usa and +3 from china.. so if one keeps tabs of the movement of the package all the time it gets boring very soon)

if i definately need the item"right now". then i keep updating the tracking pages all the time. but mostly buy and forget. thats my way. (few years ago i was all too anxiously waiting stuff to arrive.. now i have just become jaded.)

right now: im not sure how many are still coming.. but i do know i have atleast two packages on route. and one package already waits in post office for second day now. maybe tomorrow i find time to swing by there and also send something on its way at the same time.

I enjoy the tracking process, most fun I've had was using Google Earth to track the route and progress of an iPad from China to Washington State. I was amazed at how many stops it made and where they were. It definitely took the scenic route. I also use Google Earth to have a L@@K at where people live whom I've bought flashlights from. Every time I do, I ask myself: How many people do this, it couldn't be just me?

~ Chance

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I track shipments for the simple reason the bell isn't working. By tracking at least I'll know to expect a package, and leave a note for the postman to knock.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alas, we do have different expectations in tracking and waiting and in ordering as much as different tastes in flashlights..

LGT

Enlightened
I'm a tracking fiend. At times I wish it were more detailed to the extent of "Bob just placed your package into the back of delivery truck." Not really that bad. But my interest picks up around the time of initial estimate for delivery date.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I track.

For the last two decades I've had all of my small packages sent to a friend's store eight blocks away in the heart of the French Quarter. All of the delivery guys know his sked and work his deliveries into theirs. No yellow slips. No notices that I have to go somewhere weird to pick it up. I track because he is doing me a favor and space is at a premium in the French Quarter. I want to know when a package arrives and then I pick it up right away.

I also have a friend who owns a shop even closer to home where I have bigger packages delivered.

Tracking helps make me less of a burden on these people who do these favors for me.

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always enjoyed tracking. Now it's also a form of assurance my package isn't lost, stolen, misdelivered, going in the wrong direction, or floating around in the USPS system.

biglights

Enlightened
Yes! I to like to watch the journey that my orders take. Nice to see that there are others.

tbutter

Newly Enlightened
I like tracking packages its one of those things I just can't help. I even track packages I send out

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I even asked a friend to give me HIS tracking number. It's so suspenseful! That way I share in his excitement too.