Does this company policy makes sense to you?

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased a headlamp for my dad. It was on sale and that is the only reason I purchased it. It arrived D.O.A and after contacting the company, they informed me that I need to ship it back to them at my expense. What the heck?! If I have to pay for shipping back to them; then it's wouldn't be an "on sale" price anymore. It's not my fault this company sent me a defective headlamp, they should cover shipping. What a bunch of bullcrap.

How do you feel about this policy?

Last edited:

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on how you paid (PP, CC) and how much you paid, you can make a big enough stink with your CC company or PP. PP is very unreliable though, so you may have a rough road ahead.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup.
Back when I had a Gen. 2 iPod (2005?) the battery was defective and would only hold a charge for about half an hour.
I had to pay to have it returned. Bummer.

Every Apple product I've ever returned, Apple has paid for the shipping... But they're the only ones.

.....It arrived D.O.A and after contacting the company, they informed me that I need to ship it back to them at my expense....It's not my fault this company sent me a defective headlamp, they should cover shipping. What a bunch of bullcrap.

How do you feel about this policy?

Since the headlamp arrived DOA, I think the company should pay the return shipping fee. If the light was six months old and you were sending it back to be repaired under warranty, that would be a different story.

Yes, I agree, bullcrap.

One does have to smile though, given your username. :whistle:

~ Chance

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
I received a SureFire Saint where the head had been installed backwards (the brightness knob was on the wrong side, if you flipped it over then the top strap slot was facing down). Since I discovered this 5 minutes after opening the box, I called SureFire and requested an RMA and call tag, they sent it no problem. But I did have to ask for the call tag.

Can you specifically ask them for a call tag, and is customer service located in the US or overseas? Sometimes you get more if you know what to ask for.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
If you want to avoid this, the simple solution is to buy locally. Then it's just a drive across town to return it. That brings to mind the reasonableness of the situation. Assume you bought it from Walmart and found it DOA when you got home: would you expect to drive it back to Walmart, or would you expect Walmart to send someone to your house to pick it up?

It is always a good idea to check the return policy prior to purchase. If you don't like the terms you can go elsewhere. Once you buy it, it's a bit late to change the terms of the sale.

Occasionally I've seen companies pay for return shipping. It's pretty rare for cheaper items. Some companies just eat the cost of the cheap item and send you a replacement.

Daniel

Norm

Retired Administrator
@ gadget lover... I buy local whenever possible. Local doesn't have it for half price.

I wonder why the company you purchased from at half the price can't afford to pay for return shipping. :shrug:

At half price some thing's gotta give :poke:

Norm