Who's got Sunwayman C15A Reviews/Feedback/Beamshots?

jak

Enlightened
I'm surprised at how little info there is posted here regarding the Sunwayman C15A... It strikes me as a particularly cool light*. Are they not that popular or something?

Would their beamshots be the same as a C20C?

If you've got one, please share your thoughts (and more importantly, pix/beamshots). Even if you don't have one, I'd love to read what you have to say about them!

(* I, for one, love electronic switches.)

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted the same question...no replies. Light has a great "cute" factor. My guess as to it`s lack of popularity, might be performance. 250 lumen on 14500...nothing to write home about. 30 lumen medium...to low. Should have been 90~100. And low should have been 30. Also no moon mode...and many want that. So, great looking light with not so great levels in my opinion. The ZL SC52 beats the pants off it in terms of performance...and is about the same price...if one took the electronics from the ZL and installed them in the Sunwaymans cute...shape/skin...big time winner.

Last edited:

jak

Enlightened
No doubt in my mind, Sunwayman makes the best looking lights. Its low of 3 lumens is my threshold. But why do all other SWM lights crank out 500 on a 14,500, but this guy is 250 (rhetorical question, as the answer won't change the situation)? I guess that seems like a legitimate dagger in the success of this thing.

Anyway, I still would love to see beamshots.

Last edited:

how2

Enlightened
I have the Sunwayman C10r it's has the same head size as the other 2 lights. Lumens performance is not that high as my budget lights but on high it's driven at 0.75amps. It has a very large Hotspot and the tint is slightly greenish compared to my budget lights.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Myself it`s medium 30 lumen and low level choices that kills it...I`m not really chasing high lumen from a AA light. But jeese...medium is where I would run it most of the time...even their 123 C10R is rated at 50 lumen for 10 hours, so 30 lumen for 10...does not really make sense to me.

RBWNY

Enlightened
I have the C15. My initial impressions were quite good. I actually felt the need for another single AA light...which could also accept the 14500's. I knew it wasn't as bright as others I have, but that didn't bother me too much. I like the side switch...but wish (like the Olight S10) that it illuminated in the dark. The switch on the C15 is a bear to try to find in pitch dark!! I also wish (like the S10) that it had moonlight. Although with an NiMH, the 3 lumen low is pretty acceptable. The low voltage indicator only works with 14500's.

I have a separate thread on the fact that no clip came with this light...even though it was advertised that it did. Sunwayman has confirmed with me that it DOES NOT come with one!! --- but, they're going to send me one anyway :).

I don't have the Olight S10... but that may be the one I get when I desire another single 123.

Sorry JAK, can't do beamshots right now. It's good though!! The tint is kind of a 'neutral (warm)'... at least when compared to the SWM V10A. Very smooth...for an smo reflector. No rings or artifacts to speak of.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
After looking around I think this light will perform the same (level wise) on a 14500 as the 123 powered light. 320...95...and...was it 8 lumen. Not bad. Very nice looking light as well.

Richsvt

Newly Enlightened
I had actually looked into the C15 but decided to go with the ZL SC52. The ability to go to 500lm with a 14500 was part of the decision. I also liked that on a AA, the output was 280lm for the SC52. Since I had the V10A, the output was not too different from what the C15 promised.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Myself it`s medium 30 lumen and low level choices that kills it...I`m not really chasing high lumen from a AA light. But jeese...medium is where I would run it most of the time...even their 123 C10R is rated at 50 lumen for 10 hours, so 30 lumen for 10...does not really make sense to me.
CR123 battery has more capacity than AA.

RBWNY

Enlightened
After looking around I think this light will perform the same (level wise) on a 14500 as the 123 powered light. 320...95...and...was it 8 lumen. Not bad. Very nice looking light as well.

Yes, I liked the attractive styling of the light too. Lumen-wise, I think it does fairly well with the Li-ion. It's not astonishingly brighter than with a AA, but you can see the difference to be sure. I'm not sure on the lumens...somewhere between 280 and 320 could be about right.

tbenedict

Enlightened
Here are a few pics of the one I just received.

sujavu5y.jpg

sa2ymada.jpg

ade4amuh.jpg

RBWNY

Enlightened
I tried to post a pic of the C15A w/the clip I was sent...but after dragging & dropping the photo, it disappears from the post AFTER hitting 'save'. Can't make it work by adding it as a URL either. What am I doing wrong?

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to post a pic of the C15A w/the clip I was sent...but after dragging & dropping the photo, it disappears from the post AFTER hitting 'save'. Can't make it work by adding it as a URL either. What am I doing wrong?
Place the url of your photo inside image tags (remove the space) to embed the picture in your post:

http://www.example.com/yourimagehere.jpg[/ img]

:)

tbenedict

Enlightened
I'm still a big fan of the koppo style lanyard. Finger loop, lanyard, and doesn't get in the way of tail standing.

zate6yte.jpg

Richsvt

Newly Enlightened
Well after some consideration, I decided to go out and get one to see what it is like. Guess you can't have too many torches. Or can you? I think this may go to my wife as she has been stealing my ZL SC52 as of late...