Boat underwater LED

Seevee

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I've been looking at boat LEDs, the kind that attaches to the transom. Is there possibly a really good battery operated one with a remote switch so I don't have to drill into the transom? I'm probably wishing for something that doesn't exist.. but thought I'd ask.

And, with the ones wired to ships power, what are the best and reasonable ones? Prices are a bit steep in the $400 range.

Seevee

Optical Inferno

Enlightened
Hi,

I've been looking at boat LEDs, the kind that attaches to the transom. Is there possibly a really good battery operated one with a remote switch so I don't have to drill into the transom? I'm probably wishing for something that doesn't exist.. but thought I'd ask.

And, with the ones wired to ships power, what are the best and reasonable ones? Prices are a bit steep in the $400 range.

Seevee

I recently had a friend ask me this same thing about LED lights for his boat. Battery powered isn't really an option due to sealing of a battery compartment, and general maintenance. He purchased some gorgeous OceanLED heads and installed them himself with no problems.

Don't be fooled into purchasing used or cheap lights for this, as it will come back to bite you. Look for glass fronts, metal housings, and decent light output. With regard to light output, be sure to use this forum to get yourself familiar with the sales jargon that is thrown around when it comes to light output as it can get confusing for someone who isn't overly familiar with the subject.

Good Luck.