It's time to dump Prince Charles

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: It\'s time to dump Prince Charles

PhotonBoy

Most Americans don't pay any attention to what's going on in England with the monarchy and all of their foibles.

Just last night, a radio talk program in Los Angeles was discussing why Canada still has the picture of the Queen of England on it's currency.

It's all small talk to get the world's mind off of the real problems.

Marty

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

<font color="800080">Most Americans don't pay any attention to what's going on in England with the monarchy and all of their foibles.</font>

This Welshman doesn`t pay any attention to them either. They`re as good as irrelavent these days. I say abolish them once the Old Woman passes on.

But none of that funny European money, you hear?

That`s as political as I get, folks.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Welsh contingent checks in. That reminds me of something I saw in one of those very good documentary series broadcast by PBS TV. "The history of English", narrated by Robert McNeil.

It seems that once upon a time, a long time ago, the Welsh were getting restless. They were understandably unhappy about being ruled by the English king as they were a different people with a different language. So the King traveled to Wales and announced that the next king of England would be born in Wales and wouldn't speak a word of English. This pleased the Welsh.

When the king's wife became pregnant, he sent her to Wales where she gave birth to a son. The king may have been a scoundrel but he didn't lie. This baby, the future king, was indeed born in Wales and didn't speak a word of English, or any other language. Ever since, the heir apparent to the British throne has been called the Prince of Wales.