Nitecore EA4W I can't put it down.

Billspider

Newly Enlightened
I can't keep my hands off it.
I am driving my wife crazy.
I believe this is the gateway light to becoming a flashaholic.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Serious problem with Nitecore EA4W

It's too late - no hope for you now. :devil:

You've been infected and there is no cure. You might be able to alleviate some of the symptoms by periodically purchasing the latest and greatest 'perfect' light.

Just kick back and enjoy it. Your only hope for domestic tranquility is to infect your wife as well so she can share your affliction. :D

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

The light that did this to me was the Fenix P1D-CE with it's 135 lumens on turbo, XR-E P4 bin, lol. I think if the EA4W was my first light that turned me into a flashaholic I would have exploded with amazement and excitement. :p

FoxyRick

Newly Enlightened

You know, I hate opening these threads, in case I find I have the same problem.

I have!

Help is easy though - just send it to me. I have two hands, after all.

The neighbours around here probably wondered what was happening last night, when both the EA4W and LD41 arrived together. One of the neighbours actually did call the police a few years ago when I had been out testing my lights in the field behind our house. They never did find out that it was me and a few days later I nodded appreciatively when being told to watch out for the prowler that had been seen in the area.

Find some dark, and make it flee, trembling, back into the diminishing shadows.

markr6

Flashaholic

HAHA it's my favorite light! Beautiful neutral tint. I even like it more than my PD32UE and that's a tough one to beat! This is a little embarrassing, but I kept the light off in the bathroom today and used it instead while taking a shower - bounced the light off the ceiling in the second lowest mode. Just practicing for a long power outage, right?

biglights

Enlightened

I can't keep my hands off it.
I am driving my wife crazy.
I believe this is the gateway light to becoming a flashaholic.
Any help would be appreciated.

This is so true. My gateway light was the TK41, didn't want to get into the whole high powered battery lights. So went with the "safe" choice. I was so wrong now I have to have them all :thumbsup:

Enjoy the ride, it is going to be a fun one :broke:

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened

I feel your "pain" brother. My gateway lights were a Romisen RC-G2 and MTE C2-1 from DX. I walked around happily with one or the other of those in my pocket for a good while. Ignorance is bliss afterall. Then one day the MTE was flickering a little (Later found out there was a little grease on the contact ring) so that gave me an excuse to buy again and then the infection was full blown and took off.

Originally was a CR-123 phase and nothing but CR-123s and that kept me happy for a while. (or well as happy as any flashaholic could be buying a couple of new lights a year) Then I started using Eneloops so I had to buy a "latest and greatest" (a quark tactical 2AA with Xm-L) for them and now I'm back discovering the awesomeness of Lithium Ions starting with 14500s and 18650s. I originally didn't want them due to the possible dangers and didn't want rechargeables but Eneloops changed that.

Last edited:

Verndog

Enlightened

...This is a little embarrassing, but I kept the light off in the bathroom today and used it instead while taking a shower - bounced the light off the ceiling in the second lowest mode. Just practicing for a long power outage, right?

Do you realize that if it had firefly mode you would not have to limit your shower to 22 hours?? :D :candle: :devil:

chenko

Enlightened

That's funny, as I too annoyed my wife last evening with it! LOL!!
EA4W truly is a masterpiece of flashlight, so much that I intend to buy another for the sake of how much I like this light, it would by the first time I do something like this and I'm a very frugal-minded flashaholic most of the time. :)

markr6

Flashaholic

EA4W truly is a masterpiece of flashlight, so much that I intend to buy another for the sake of how much I like this light, it would by the first time I do something like this and I'm a very frugal-minded flashaholic most of the time. :)

I know! I'll think to myself now and then "get another one NOW before they screw it up or stop making it!"

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

You need to chop your hands off and suck out the poison :)

herosemblem

Enlightened

For all intents and purposes, it...okay nevermind, I just realized you are European. Sorry, buddy.

I was going to tell you the EA4 is exactly the dimensions of a toilet paper roll.

jazzelwood

Newly Enlightened

The light that did this to me was the Fenix P1D-CE with it's 135 lumens on turbo, XR-E P4 bin, lol. I think if the EA4W was my first light that turned me into a flashaholic I would have exploded with amazement and excitement. :p
Holy Sh*t I'm in trouble ;)

jazzelwood

Newly Enlightened

How do I find out what I got white or neutral? Where does it say on the box? (just got it today ebay)
Thanks for any answer !

Verndog

Enlightened

How do I find out what I got white or neutral? Where does it say on the box? (just got it today ebay)
Thanks for any answer !

My neutral white says EA4W U2 SMO on the box. Holding it next to a cool white you should have a slightly more yellow tint if it's neutral white. Otherwise you have a cool white. If they dont say then likely the default light that is standard is cool white, neutral being the optional tint.

Last edited:

Billspider

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for any answer !
If you are talking about the Nitecore EA4, the neutral tint will be marked right on the light EA4W Pioneer

markr6

Flashaholic

If you are talking about the Nitecore EA4, the neutral tint will be marked right on the light EA4W Pioneer

Mine is a neutral white but the marking says EA4