Ram Tail Cap Switches: What the $!#$@?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I bought 4 Ram Tail Cap Switches. <ul type="square">[*]One worked perfectly (momentary on to constant on, off).[*]One was bizarre (momentary off to off, on).[*]One was always off.[*]One was always on. [/list]As a computer scientist / mathematician, I am awed by the incredible probabilistic beauty of receiving four switches--presumably selected at random--which represent all possible combinations of ways these switches could theoretically work. What are the chances of that??? Should I head to Las Vegas??

As a flashlight user, I'm outraged.

Dan C

Enlightened
Ha! That's hilarious, what I would call a 'royal flush'! By all means don't walk, but *run* out and buy lotto tickets!

Dan C

JollyRoger

Enlightened
yeah, these switches basically SUCK.

I'm sorry that the forums couldn't inform you before your purchase...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

sometimes it helps to post a question or do a search before you buy a particular item. That way you don't get screwed like the 1,000 before you.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Dan C said:
Ha! That's hilarious, what I would call a 'royal flush'! By all means don't walk, but *run* out and buy lotto tickets!

Dan C

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the switches need a "royal flush," too, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Craig can provide the instructions... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I bought three that were checked out by Mr. Bulk in a group buy a while back. I had already had one on my Madmax Mini M*g which was an outie. Momentary, click on, click off.

The three I got were all innies. click on, momentary, click off.

It turns out that an innie is what I needed afterall... the outie was prone to accidental being on.

OH< and one of the innies is kinda quirky.

But the other three all work just fine.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spring on mine seems kinda wimpy-compared to either the Kroll Or the stock one.It does seem to work consistently without flickering though. -Especially after I shot a very high pressure burst of De-oxit into it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Otok,

Tell me you didn't get them from me, didja? For the GB I did I checked out all of them (although very quickly) and returned the duds for replacements. If not from me, simply return them to the vendor and (given their track record) I'm certain they will replace them.

DaveT

Enlightened
Does anyone think replacing the springs in a Ram with a stiffer one would take care of the mushiness? Anyone have any idea how finicky this would be - or have any inclination to try it?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Mr Bulk: I know you checked out all of yours. It was based on your published statistics that I thought I'd get 3 of 4. I've contacted the vendor.

I was going to destroy one anyway to figure out how it works and if it can be turned down into something narrower and/or shorter.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Thanks guys. I was just considering purchasing a couple of these. Glad I read this.

[/ QUOTE ]Same here.