It seems like a large number of peope want ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFox

Newly Enlightened
Anodized twisty tail caps for their LS-* lights. I found a nice unanodized one which is perfectly functional but I really would like an anodized version that more closely matches my LSH...

Judging from the amount of traffic I have seen on the board, an anodized version would be a brisk seller

--Jerry

Mattman

Enlightened
I think that the un-anodized ones are just the leftovers. As I undersand it there are no plans to make them anymore, so when they're gone, they're gone.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep..
Mr. Gransee completely sold out of the anodized twisties..

i believe they're still available in one or two places.. but numbers are small and wont last long..

as for Arc making anodized twisties again, i dunno, i think it might be done if there's a steady demand..

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps someone could anodize a batch of the un-anodized ones? I think at least one CPF member does anodization for a fee.

-Mike

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Twisties didn't work with all battery brands and were discontinued in favor of the kroll tails.

Both have their good points--I just like the twisites better.

-Jason

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I prefer them, they put an emphasis on the advantage og the Arc: size. And they do not accidently turn on, are not diffivult to move in and out of the pocket - no rubber, and they do not fail.
bernhard

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
I prefer them, they put an emphasis on the advantage og the Arc: size. And they do not accidently turn on, are not diffivult to move in and out of the pocket - no rubber, and they do not fail.
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, what he said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought.... shouldn't it be possible to make a twisty-click pack with an internal switch. Make it so the base can screw on until the threads from the base are past the threads on the head, leaving it loose but unable to fall out. Then a spring loaded switch would work by pressing the whole base in?

Something like this:

lightidea2.GIF

Would need a way to keep the head from sliding back in the on mode though...

Status
Not open for further replies.