Flashlight tool Please Help.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Hey guys, I am trying to find a site online that sells the or a tool that can install or remove switches from the light. I have a cr123a body and I need to remove the switch from the inside and tweezers are just not cutting it. Steve Ku uses this but I can NOT find it anywhere?? Thank you all for any help I receive.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/421501_505938409457759_1661563958_n.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

nbp

Flashaholic
Snap ring pliers? You can get a very cheap one at the hardware store.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I just use small needle nosed and long needle nosed pliers depending on how long they need to be.

Those jewelry pliers work too.

Poppy

Flashaholic
hmmm... did anyone mention "snap ring pliers" ? :rolleyes:

Sears, just about any auto parts store, and harbor freight or any other hardware store would carry them.
I once filed the tips of a pair of needle nosed pliers so that it would fit into the little indents. Not all are small enough.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Ok thanks guys. I tried hardware stores and sears. They just have regular needle nose plyers that are too big for the little holes. I need these to fit inside a x1 CR123 haiku body and twist a Ku E series switch. Iused to be able to do it with tweezers???It must have gotten too tight because now the tweezers wont to it, they just keep slipping off over and over and im afraid im going to damage the switch.

Swede74

Enlightened
If you are willing to sacrifice a fork, maybe you could turn it into the tool you need by snapping off a couple of teeth and bending / MacGyvering it a little? I haven't tried it myself so I don't know if it works ;)

Norman

Newly Enlightened
If you're not willing to sacrifice a fork, check out the "Dollar" stores. The non-chain ones typically have forks pretty cheap. You should also be able to find mini needle-nosed pliers or the ones with the bend for a few dollars too.

Redhat703

Enlightened
Here is how I removed the hi-lo ring of the MD2 head. This can be applied to switch removal.

file_zps43555981.jpg