how do I take apart a maratac AAA??????

mike280z

Newly Enlightened
The light will flicker on and off when it is tapped.. I cannot get it to stay on constantly. I want to take it apart to check connections..... It looks as though the anodized finish has helped glue it in place. Wish I could post pics. But I'm still a noob. Lol:thinking: I'm stumped as to how to get the circuit board and led out??

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Maratac AAA instructions said not to take it apart. Try a very small magnet on the negative end of the battery. I'm guessing the spring is a little short.

mike280z

Newly Enlightened
I hot wired the battery right to the light.. contact are all freshly cleaned. So the question is how do I get this thing a part. Im prety sure it can be fixed. It's worth the trouble of trying. I'm out a $30 edc and I havr to at least try.. so do I press it out from the lens

pinetree89

Enlightened
I'm not sure but I think the circuit board is threaded in from the back of the head and glued in place. I think you have to find a way to unscrew the circuit board from the head.

You may also want to try searching for iTP A3 or Olight i3 or Preon disassembly as I think they're all built by the same factory in China as your Maratac, just branded differently with different feature sets.