1W LED Maglite Solitaire

Josh101

Newly Enlightened
Well my first post on this forum was of my 1/4 Watt Solitaire mod which used a 12v A23 battery. it was a good improvement over the otherwise useless original. Now I have managed to fit a 1W LED and a driver circuit into it, and still managed to keep the AAA battery.
I used DX.com to get the driver board the aspheric lens and the LED.
$6.80 for 20 1W LED's
$2.70 for 2 1W LED driver board
$2.79 for 20 aspheric lenses
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures, but a friend wants me to make him one, so when I do I will take pics.
The driver board was small but not small enough, i managed to sand the edges enough for it to fit all the way.
I used a small strip of copper for the LED to sit on and to heat sink it to the body. there was no room for a reflector so I used the aspheric lens.
There is a small momentary switch in the tail cap.
The light provides a very large flood for its size. Its mainly on my key chain so it works well enough.
SDC10591.JPG

SDC10594.JPG

SDC10593.JPG

razer1000

Newly Enlightened
finally a useful solitaire! those things are pathetic from the box. I can't believe maglight hasn't figured that out yet lol. Anyway, excellent build and results. :thumbsup:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a production LED mag solitaire, isn't there? This one is nice. Good floody keychain beam! Are you taking orders?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the LED looking like that, I'll bet you could fit an SSC P4 in there!

I probably have one lying around somewhere, PM me your address.

Josh101

Newly Enlightened
There is an LEDSolitaire that has 37 lumens i believe, and i didn't really think of making them too sell, but its easy and i can show you exactly how i made it once i get pictures.

Xavier

Newly Enlightened
Do you have any other photos of how to install the mod? I have two Solitaire Maglights that would love the boost in output!

Josh101

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the late reply, i am working on another one and will post more detailed pics when i can.

snarf420

Newly Enlightened
Nice mod. Any pics yet? I'm especially interested in the tail cap switch.

Josh101

Newly Enlightened
I am not going to have any pics soon, but the tail cap switch for this recently failed. It was a pain and ultimately didn't work. I am looking in to a solution and will update if i find one that works.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is an LED solitaire out. 37 lumens, 1 hour 45 minute runtime.
$12.99 at zbattery
$15.00 CAD at mec.ca