Need a ZebraLight H502 companion

jbrett14

Enlightened
I own the H502 and LOVE it. However, there are days when I would prefer more run time.

For most of my jobs, this light will last plenty long enough to finish the task. I don't even mind swapping out the battery once, or maybe twice during the day. But there are days when I have had to change the battery 4 or more times while working on my job.

Is there another ZebraLight headlight that will put out a similar amount, and beam of light, that would have a longer run time? What about the H600? Is it as floody?

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the H602 is ever released, then the answer would be yes. The H600f is a reflector light with a diffused lense. It's floody, but not a flood light.

jbrett14

Enlightened
So the H600F is not as floody as the H502? Is it close?

Is the H600F at least as floody as the H501?

I have the H501 as well, and although I prefer the wider beam of the H502, if the H600F was at least as broad a beam as the H501, I may be ok with that.

1mT

Newly Enlightened
H502 has not a reflector, so there is no hotspot. The beam width of 120 degrees covers field of view almost entirely. This lamp is ideal for close work.

H600F has diffused lense, but you can see poorly defined hotspot.
Also beam width is less then 120 degrees, this can create difficulties when working near.

Maybe you should look at Spark SD6?
http://www.spark-store.com/index.php?k=11
This is the full flood flashlight without reflector for 18650 or 2xCR123.

jbrett14

Enlightened
Just took a look at that SD6 and the beam looks awesome. Unfortunately, it appears that one must cycle through 3 other levels just to get to high. This is a deal-breaker for me. I use my headlight in high nearly 100% of the time, so having to cycle through from low to high is something I found, from other lights, that I hate. I much prefer a light that comes on in high first, or at least the option to do so.

I appreciate the suggestion. It looks like an awesome light for someone who likes a light to come on in low first.

I am surprised that Zebralight does not make an 18650 version of the 120 degree pure flood light. It's the perfect beam of light for working with your hands.

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just took a look at that SD6 and the beam looks awesome. Unfortunately, it appears that one must cycle through 3 other levels just to get to high.
I'm not claiming to know anything about the Spark, but that wasn't how I read the description on the linked page.
The mention of 'memory' suggested that the chosen setting was stored for later use (presumably after turning off and then back on).

jbrett14

Enlightened
I'm not claiming to know anything about the Spark, but that wasn't how I read the description on the linked page.
The mention of 'memory' suggested that the chosen setting was stored for later use (presumably after turning off and then back on).

Maybe you are right. I watched one video review of it, and there was no mention that it would turn back on in the mode it was last turned off in. Hmmm Anyone know for sure?

Even so, although I think a memory feature is better than none, after owning a ShiningBeam S-mini for a few years now, I have concluded that I am not a huge fan of this UI.