Going to NYC May 3-5th

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone!
I'm planning in going to NYC for a 3 day weekend.
Can you guys recommend places to stay, things to do?

I'll be driving. I'll need a hotel room and parking.

I'm looking for good food, walking in central park, a museum.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello and I hope you are looking foward to your visit to NYC.

I am a born and breed NY'er and have been a tour guide for many friends. So I usually ask a few questiins first.

What is your budget? Things can be done in a budget or extremely expensive. A night in a run down hotel is not the same as the st regis or trump towers.

What cuisine do like? Eating a 1.50 street dog vs dining at a 5 * restaurant. I am a big steak guy and been to a lot of them. I prefer Mark Joseph.

Which museums or type of art? This can be a factor in hotel choice. MOMA, MET, Guggenheim, etc etc.

My recommendation is to find a parking garage close to the hotel you are staying at (icon usually runs deals) and it runs about 40 per day. Valet at hotel is expensive.

NYC subway would be my recommendation. 2.50 per ride.

If you have some time, I'll take you for a pint and welcome a CPF member to NY.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plenty of places to stay, it all depends on your budget. Parking garages are plentiful but can be pricey especially in midtown. If Central Park and the museums are your thing staying north of Times Sq. (42 street) would be good. If your traveling by yourself an inexpensive option would be the West Side YMCA on 62 Street right off Central Park, they have rooms for $99 a night. Food is everywhere and finding whatever you want isn't an issue. The major museums are along Central Park both around 80th Street with one on the West Side and the other on the East Side (Central Park West and Fifth Avenue respectively). Fridays the museums are usually open late and have events going on. If you wind up down on the Battery take the Staten Island Ferry to Staten Island and back, it's free and gives you a nice view of lower Manhattan from the water, round trip should be a little over an hour. Good luck.