olight s10 emitter swap

Bauer

Newly Enlightened
I just received an s10 and the light has a very green tint to it. Is there a thread discussing how to swap the emitter? I am having trouble removing the bezel, its like it has red loctite on it or something!

kj2

Flashaholic
I just received an s10 and the light has a very green tint to it. Is there a thread discussing how to swap the emitter? I am having trouble removing the bezel, its like it has red loctite on it or something!

That red is a o-ring ;)

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Get one of those rubber pads from your grocery store used to remove stuck jar lids. Press the pad firmly against the bezel with the palm of your left hand, while turning the light body with your right hand. The bezel should easily unscrew. Remove the bezel.
2. remove the tailcap and insert a battery. Press the back of the battery to push the pill forward. The pill should slide forward pushing the lens and rubber lens gasket out of the light.
3. After moving forward about half a cm, the pill will stop moving forward. There is a small metal tab on the left side of the pill that goes into a slot on the pill. this tab is designed to make sure that when the pill is inserted it always ends up in the correct orientation so that the electronic switch ends up below the switch boot. This tab is angled forward and stops the pill from being removed completely when it hits the bezel threads. There are two ways to get around this:

Option (a): When the pill stops moving forward, the edge of the reflector will be exposed. Use pliers to grip the reflector then gently turn the body of the flashlight with your hand to unscrew the pill. The tab on the pill will engage and move through all bezel threads until the pill falls out. (recommended)

Option (b): the reflector is screwed into threads on the inside of the pill. If you brace the pill, you might be able to unscrew and remove the reflector. With the reflector removed, you can see the metal tab hitting the bezel threads. Use a small dental pick or other tool to lift the tab up over the threads as you push the pill from the back.

4. Once the pill is removed, simply unscrew and remove the reflector, then lift off the plastic isolator/centering device to expose the star. At that point changing the emitter is like any other light. a 16mm star is a tight fit, but a 14mm star works. Or you can reflow a new emitter onto the old star (recommended. easily done with low temp solder paste).