*Impression Pictures* Fenix PD35

kj2

Flashaholic
*picture heavy*
I have the PD35 almost a week now. And I thought, let's make some pictures :) (sorry for the dust on my lights :oops:)

Specifications of the Fenix PD35:

- Cree XM-L 2 (U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
- 5 Brightness Levels Plus Strobe
Turbo - 850 Lumens - 1 hr. 30 min.
High - 450 Lumens - 2 hr. 30 min.
Mid - 170 Lumens - 7 hr. 45 min.
Low - 45 Lumens - 29 hr.
Eco - 10 lumens - 140 hr.
- Low-voltage warning function to remind you to replace the battery
- Reverse polarity protection guards against improper battery installation
- Over-heat protection to avoid high-temperature of the surface
- Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
- Tactical tail switch with momentary-on function
- Side switch on the head
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
- Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- 139.0mm (Length) x 25.4mm (Diameter)
- 87.0-gram weight (excluding the battery)

I like the PD35 over the PD32UE. Mostly because it uses a Cool White emitter instead of a Neutral White.
With the PD35 you have a wall of light in front of you, when you have it in Turbo-mode. The light does get hot quickly,
so don't run in to long ;)

jq6xz5.jpg

2rx6wxw.jpg

nfiomt.jpg

ippkkz.jpg
2eezdpk.jpg
2hefr0j.jpg
2mes2v6.jpg
2ecq61c.jpg
nexi86.jpg
2uzxawk.jpg
244uo2g.jpg
feqwjs.jpg

11ipgef.jpg

Last edited:

New-XMLight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the impressions.

Maybe some beamshots can follow. :thumbsup:
Before i orderes the Neteye MSC20 i thought about the Fenix PD35 but didn't want to wait.

Maybe this light will be my next EDC.

Greetz

Mark Mc

Newly Enlightened
I so need to order one of those! Is the PD35 as Floody as the PD32 UE?

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
Idk if there's other pics out but this is the first I've seen it, I really like that it doesn't have the body flats on the head like the 32, the question is can you use the 32 tail so there's no flats anywhere? if it does take the 32 tail could you please post a pic of that setup?

kj2

Flashaholic
Idk if there's other pics out but this is the first I've seen it, I really like that it doesn't have the body flats on the head like the 32, the question is can you use the 32 tail so there's no flats anywhere? if it does take the 32 tail could you please post a pic of that setup?
And are you talking about the PD32 or the PD32UE?

edit; the PD32UE tail-cap does fit the PD35 BUT, the PD35 has more threads than the UE. So when you put the UE tail-cap on the PD35 the O-ring is exposed.

Last edited:

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
And are you talking about the PD32 or the PD32UE?
sorry for the confusion, I was talking specifically about the PD32UE pictured here.
edit; the PD32UE tail-cap does fit the PD35 BUT, the PD35 has more threads than the UE. So when you put the UE tail-cap on the PD35 the O-ring is exposed.
Does that mean its no longer sealed? Can you just fill the gap with another o-ring?

Another question, how well does it [the PD35] tail stand?

d3debian

Newly Enlightened
The hot-spot is smaller on the PD35. The PD35 throws 30meters further than the PD32UE (see specs).

Is this a significant difference effective for the human eye or just for measuring with a lightmeter?
Maybe the neutral white color of the PD32 creates a better contrast which make it more useful.

As newbe in the world of candlepower it seems to me that the cool white led's give less contrast compared to neutral and warm whites.

kj2

Flashaholic
Is this a significant difference effective for the human eye or just for measuring with a lightmeter?
Maybe the neutral white color of the PD32 creates a better contrast which make it more useful.

As newbe in the world of candlepower it seems to me that the cool white led's give less contrast compared to neutral and warm whites.
With a NW led the colours are more natural indeed. But it looks that the PD35 throw better. It's just 30 meters, but to my eyes it throws a lot better than the UE.

TK41

Newly Enlightened
Nice pictures!

BTW, my PD35 box says 1 hour 15 minutes for turbo, not 1 hour 30 minutes. I've seen both times on various charts, but it seems like 1 hour 15 minutes is the more accurate one. Wonder why they changed it.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pictures!

BTW, my PD35 box says 1 hour 15 minutes for turbo, not 1 hour 30 minutes. I've seen both times on various charts, but it seems like 1 hour 15 minutes is the more accurate one. Wonder why they changed it.

I think these estimated values ​​with 2600 mAh battery Fenix
3100 or 3400 mAh battery should give operating runtime higher.

(Translated with Google translator)

Last edited:

drsmith751

Newly Enlightened
I'm a newbie just starting out and just picked up a PD35. What battery do you recommend? I know it comes with CR123A's, but I don't know if I should pick-up a 18650 and charger.

regulation

Newly Enlightened
I'm a newbie just starting out and just picked up a PD35. What battery do you recommend? I know it comes with CR123A's, but I don't know if I should pick-up a 18650 and charger.
If you use the light often, then surely would be better to get them. Fenix has their own 18650 battery and charger(only charge the 18650 battery, but with much quicker time), also, AW battery and eagle tac 3100mAh are another choices. They both have good reputaion in the forum.

drsmith751

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I was looking for 18650's and I saw some Ternergy's, but it also seemed that there may be some issues with them. I'll look into your recommendations. I'll probably lean towards the 3100's.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
The hot-spot is smaller on the PD35. The PD35 throws 30meters further than the PD32UE (see specs).

I have the PD35 coming soon. Can you post the beam profile picture between the PD32UE and the PD35. I have the PD30 R4 for few year EDC. I hope this will worth to change to PD35.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I was looking for 18650's and I saw some Ternergy's, but it also seemed that there may be some issues with them. I'll look into your recommendations. I'll probably lean towards the 3100's.

I tried with this torch also AmpMax 3100 and AW 2900/3100, no problem.

kj2

Flashaholic
PD32UE (on Burst) and PD35 (on Turbo) -Photo was taken around 10:30PM so there was some daylight. Both photos are taken from the same distance to the fence. (approx 10meters away)

PD32UE: (camera moved slightly)

vet0dz.jpg

PD35:

21lsrb7.jpg