Jetbeam RRT-01 and low voltage cutoff

oRAirwolf

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anybody knows if the Jetbeam RRT-01 has low voltage cutoff protection built into its driver. I have both versions (XM-L and XM-L2) and I usually use an AW IMR 18350, but I am a little worried about draining the battery. Does anybody know if the light will give a low voltage warning or shut itself off at a specified voltage? I emailed Jetbeam and they never got back to me, so I was hoping somebody on here might know.

Thanks!

IceRat

Newly Enlightened
I use a RRT-01 with the same AW battery. It shuts off even though there is no sign of dimming. I don't know what the voltage level was when it shut off. I don't know if it was the battery or the light shutting down. I just popped it in the charger to reuse. Nice light!

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
Quark turbo with 2 AAs is a great light,

quark turbo with a single AA body and a 14500 (my favorite light and my edc and nightstand light)

and

fenix tk40 - a classic all around light.

ive got a nitecore ea4 and ea8 in transit to me...

oRAirwolf

Newly Enlightened
I use a RRT-01 with the same AW battery. It shuts off even though there is no sign of dimming. I don't know what the voltage level was when it shut off. I don't know if it was the battery or the light shutting down. I just popped it in the charger to reuse. Nice light!

Thank you sir! That is very good to know that it shuts itself off.

aau007

Enlightened
I remember I did this before but I just tried again to confirm.

I tabbed an AA eneloop onto the rrt01 and there is no cutoff. The rrt01 lights up with a single AA eneloop. Hope that answers your question.

oRAirwolf

Newly Enlightened
I remember I did this before but I just tried again to confirm.

I tabbed an AA eneloop onto the rrt01 and there is no cutoff. The rrt01 lights up with a single AA eneloop. Hope that answers your question.

Well that just throws a wrench into the gears! :confused:

I will try the same with mine and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.