Preon 2 and Mini Dead?

0nikudaki

Newly Enlightened
I have a Preon 2 that I kept in my EDC bag and a Quark Mini that I kept in my center console of my car. It was that time again for battery swaps and I noticed both lights were dead and replacing the batteries would not get them to turn on..

5vfo1.jpg

Not sure if this pictures can give anyone an idea as to whether or not the heads are fried on both units but I am still not sure how they could have over heated just by sitting? It is possible the Preon 2 got switched on in my bag but would that cause it to fry the head of the light? As for the Mini I wouldn't think it sitting in a car would cause it to fail either?

Any insight would be helpful. Hopefully I am missing something and they are not dead..

Please let me know if better pictures are needed. Thank you!

Norm

Retired Administrator
the Preon 2 got switched on in my bag but would that cause it to fry the head of the light?
The Preon starts in low and wouldn't overheat, my wife's has often turned on in her bag and run the batteries flat, it is still going strong.

Norm

donn_

Flashaholic
The first thing I'd do is thoroughly clean all the contact points in the heads and tails with Deoxit or something like it. Then try fresh cells and see if it helped.

0nikudaki

Newly Enlightened
Cleaned the contacts on both lights. Preon 2 has been revived, but no luck getting the mini123 back up and running. Which is weird since the P2 body clearly had signs of battery corrosion residue, where as the Mini123 looks brand new inside and out. I have been in touch with Trevor at FourSevens and it looks like I will be sending in the Mini123.