Fenix - New AOD-S filters for PD35, PD32, PD31, PD12, UC40

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems Fenix is releasing colored filters for the PD35, PD12, and UC40 (25.4) but on their website it says it's compatible with the PD32 UE (24mm) so unless it's an error, it must fit the PD32 and PD31 too!

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's probably not an error. I have the diffuser that came with the PD32UE. I think its the AOD-S. Anyhow it has an inside taper so that it also fits the LD12/22. It just slides on further onto those lights. So I'd think if it will fit the biggest diameter light, it will then fit the smaller diameter lights.

BrightEye

Newly Enlightened

It's probably not an error. I have the diffuser that came with the PD32UE. I think its the AOD-S. Anyhow it has an inside taper so that it also fits the LD12/22. It just slides on further onto those lights. So I'd think if it will fit the biggest diameter light, it will then fit the smaller diameter lights.

Has anyone tried fitting one of these filters for the PD35 onto the PD32 or PD23UE?

It looks like the PD35 is noticeably thicker. Specs for the filter say 1.16" which is 29.464mm...most likely outer diameter.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
After I started this thread I noticed Fenix updated their website and removed the PD32 UE so my guess is that they only fit the PD35 and UC40 but none of the other lights with a smaller head diameter such as PD31 or PD32. If you want to be dead sure send a mail to Fenix.

BrightEye

Newly Enlightened
After I started this thread I noticed Fenix updated their website and removed the PD32 UE so my guess is that they only fit the PD35 and UC40 but none of the other lights with a smaller head diameter such as PD31 or PD32. If you want to be dead sure send a mail to Fenix.

I noticed they both have a 25.4mm diameter. I ordered one. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

BrightEye

Newly Enlightened
This picture from http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?365617-*Impression-Pictures*-Fenix-PD35 actually makes me a little nervous now...

244uo2g.jpg

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried fitting one of these filters for the PD35 onto the PD32 or PD23UE?

It looks like the PD35 is noticeably thicker. Specs for the filter say 1.16" which is 29.464mm...most likely outer diameter.

The AOD-S diffuser that came with the PD32UE does not fit the PD35. It barley gets around it and only slides onto it maybe 0.025" and doesn't stay on.

BrightEye

Newly Enlightened
Well, I guess it's better to be larger than smaller. Maybe if I line the inside of the filter with electrical tape or something of the sort to give it some padding it might fit a little better. As long as the filter is only 1-2mm larger I'm sure I can come up with something?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure you will: I've seen posts of users putting Nitecore filters on Fenix flashlights exactly by padding the inside of the filter without too many problems.
That said, it would nice if Fenix released filters for the 24mm diameter but I'm afraid they might planning to discontinue that size: most of their newer lights are 25.4!

BrightEye

Newly Enlightened
It actually fits if you kind of screw it on. There are pieces of plastic in there that it will catch on. I'm not sure how long it would stay on if used outdoors heavily or dropped. But, even on the specified applications, it could most likely jar loose as well. I'm going to pad it with something but I'm just not sure what yet.