Thrunite TN35!!!

markeday

Newly Enlightened
I just got the TN 32,love it,the size and depth of the reflector give it a nice beam.Judging by the size of the TN 35,it looks similar,just with the mt-g2 emitter.It should perform quite well,I definitely will be adding it to my collection soon.

markeday

Newly Enlightened
I also bought the TN 30,xm-l2,I like it but it does have more artifacts then I expected,even with the op reflector.Don't get me wrong,it is powerful for its size,it wasn't as big as I thought it would be.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw the pics/specs for the TN35 on Thrunite Store's website. It looks like a great compromise between lumens/throw. I am sure we will see a review pretty soon as Thrunite seems pretty good about getting review units out to our reviewers. I might have to get one of these.

markeday

Newly Enlightened
I hate to admit it but I'm afraid of the dark,well that's what I tell the wife,and I do love my toys,I have about 20,when theres 30 more there will be no need to fear the dark! HaHaHa

ven

Flashaholic
I stopped counting a long time ago............:candle:

:twothumbs like it,tbh i dont know how many lights i have as never counted all of them,last few months i have kept a sort of count as my little 1 gets them set up on the table in front room.

I would say on the cautionary side of 50,maybe 60 in total,but not all these are expensive lights.I started with lenser lights years back,not knowing of the superior lights available,but lets be honest,without all you guys on here and i never researched i still would know no better...........I have at least 5 or 6 in my work toolbox,then there is at least 5 in the caravan,then maybe 30+ at home and also a few in my truck.My lad has around 10 in his "torch draw" which is not bad for a just turned 4yr old.

I cant see me buying too many this year as i already have too many to use.I still use them ,even if just playing around at night with my lad around the house and garden(boys and their toys).I can think of 5 more lights off the top of my head i want/need:D tk75vn/k40 or k50vn/eagletac mx with the nichia/ti vn/fenix tk61/tm36(oh hang on thats more than 5 already)tn32 and possibly the tn35.Thats not counting some of the new olight and arrmytek lights yet:D

I dont need any of them,so yes i have a disorder.............i like my disorder:D well apart from the cost:thinking:
I am not made of money,have an engineering job in unilever,mortgage,kids,caravan and a 12mpg 4x4 so my fuel a month would buy me tk76 and a tn32 a month:fail:

But yeh,will get there,also makes me appreciate my lights that bit more:)

Last edited:

Samlittle

Enlightened
ThruNite TN35 any good words yet?

Hi All, This is my 1st official post on CPF after having been lurking and studying, reading and watching for a few years and recently for many many hours. I did enter a intro post so I won't repeat myself except to say that I am starting on my flashaholic credentials but "starting" is the operative word. Glad to have CPF out here in my world.

Today I write for some input about the new TN35. I have spent wayyyyy too much time recently considering my next serious flashlight purchase and I cry Uncle - I need some help.

For at least the last year I have been watching the TM15 thinking that it would be the best compromise of flood/throwers in a relatively small size but the near $ 300.00 price has tempered my enthusiasm. Then during the last week I started studying CPF reviews about others in this class. Had zeroed in on the TN30 then was tempted by the TN32 but back to the TN30. I live more in the woods and less in an open wilderness so I think that the throw beam of the TN32 is too specific compared to the flood of the TN30. The TN30 beam shots compare very well to the TM15 and the price and interface seems better to me. (Then this past week the older TM15 XM-L U2 was available for sale for just 2 days at $ 149.99. I hesitated and lost. :eek:) Back to studying.

I would love to have the TN32 on the kayak but for the more day to day of around the property the TN30 seems to be the better option.
Then I started reading and comparing the reviews of the L3 Illumination X40. This seems like a very good blend of the TN30 flood with the TN32 throw and has some other features that I really like. BUT only one US seller and what kind of customer support for such a light over $200.00?

So today I see that there is now a TN35 - touted as "ThruNite combined TN30 and TN31 characteristics and found a balance between flood and throw". Perfect! Exactly what I've been looking for.

BUT - it seems to be so new that no one has reviewed or made any comments.
Can anyone say?

Is the TN35 really a good blend of the TN30/31 as regards to throw vs flood?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts (and for reading my lengthy post
:sweat:)

Thread Merge - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ThruNite TN35 any good words yet?

Hi All, This is my 1st official post on CPF after having been lurking and studying, reading and watching for a few years and recently for many many hours. I did enter a intro post so I won't repeat myself except to say that I am starting on my flashaholic credentials but "starting" is the operative word. Glad to have CPF out here in my world.

Today I write for some input about the new TN35. I have spent wayyyyy too much time recently considering my next serious flashlight purchase and I cry Uncle - I need some help.

For at least the last year I have been watching the TM15 thinking that it would be the best compromise of flood/throwers in a relatively small size but the near $ 300.00 price has tempered my enthusiasm. Then during the last week I started studying CPF reviews about others in this class. Had zeroed in on the TN30 then was tempted by the TN32 but back to the TN30. I live more in the woods and less in an open wilderness so I think that the throw beam of the TN32 is too specific compared to the flood of the TN30. The TN30 beam shots compare very well to the TM15 and the price and interface seems better to me. (Then this past week the older TM15 XM-L U2 was available for sale for just 2 days at $ 149.99. I hesitated and lost. :eek:) Back to studying.

I would love to have the TN32 on the kayak but for the more day to day of around the property the TN30 seems to be the better option.
Then I started reading and comparing the reviews of the L3 Illumination X40. This seems like a very good blend of the TN30 flood with the TN32 throw and has some other features that I really like. BUT only one US seller and what kind of customer support for such a light over $200.00?

So today I see that there is now a TN35 - touted as "ThruNite combined TN30 and TN31 characteristics and found a balance between flood and throw". Perfect! Exactly what I've been looking for.

BUT - it seems to be so new that no one has reviewed or made any comments.
Can anyone say?

Is the TN35 really a good blend of the TN30/31 as regards to throw vs flood?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts (and for reading my lengthy post
:sweat:)

Thread Merge - Norm

I think the TN35 is so new that people haven't had a chance for review or real world experience. You will probably have to be patient until it gets into peoples hands the next few weeks or so.

markeday

Newly Enlightened

I am buying the tn 35,I was dissapointed with all my triple LEDs,way to many artifacts.I bought the solar force K3 head,I love the big clean beam,but its op reflector limits the throw and its only 1500 lumens.The 35 is the same head as the 32,which I have,awesome output,so with an mt-g2 emitter,it will be sweet.I have to stop buying,God help me I'm an addict!

Samlittle

Enlightened

Patient I can be but I'll look forward to reading markeday's assessment of his TN35. Please don't make me wait to long :).

Snareman

Enlightened

I should have one on the way soon so I can do a video review of it and try and compare it to the TN 30, 31 and 32.

mcorp

Enlightened

That'll be great! Camping here in eager anticipation!

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I should have one on the way soon so I can do a video review of it and try and compare it to the TN 30, 31 and 32.

Yes please!

I was thinking of getting a TN32 but I'm wondering if the TN35 can still throw a ways just due to pure muscle. The TN35 might be a better all around light if extreme throw isn't needed. We'll see though....